PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

newbroom

Lifer
Jul 11, 2014
Florida
Well, that's just to get you to look.
This is about why I like the Missouri Meerschaum Pride model the best of my assorted MM cobs.

It's lightweight. It's incredibly tactile! I imagine that it's how that suedeblast finish Walt Cannoy puts on some of his pipes feels.

I suppose they make other models in natural cobb, but, did I mention that they're also inexpensive?

I enjoy cobs and have several that I seldom smoke anymore, including my Elf, Freehand, and Country Gent. I do have a couple of Morgans, my OG Legend, a 5th Ave. and a Spool, that I smoke too.

Do you have any favorite cobb attributes? (other than that they smoke cool and easy?)

Old Smokey

Can't Leave
Feb 29, 2024
The Hollers of Kentucky in Appalachia
I like the Country Gentleman, straight or bent. I like the replaceable stems and the easy draw.

I have a briar with military-mount that will accept those MM stems. I “preserve” the original stem and smoke that briar with replaceable stems.
I, too, like the country gentleman. The ease of replacing the stem is too nice.

makhorkasmoker

Part of the Furniture Now
Aug 17, 2021
Central Florida
I like the Country Gentleman, straight or bent. I like the replaceable stems and the easy draw.

I have a briar with military-mount that will accept those MM stems. I “preserve” the original stem and smoke that briar with replaceable stems.
What kind of briar pipe is it that will accept an MM stem? It fits by chance or is it designed to do so?

Reactions: newbroom

makhorkasmoker

Part of the Furniture Now
Aug 17, 2021
Central Florida
Missouri pride is also my favorite cob, even though it came with a hole beneath the sticker that I had to mud. I've been smoking it regularly for years. I replaced the stem for a couple of bucks after I chewed the old one up. I've often wondered why I prefer the pride to my nicer cobs. My next favorite--a close tie really--is the Eaton/Pony Express.

Briar Lee

Lifer
Sep 4, 2021
Humansville Missouri
I’ve visited the factory and watched them made.

A natural cob pipe is taken straight from the bin and made into a pipe.

The ones I want, are taken from the bin and drilled and plastered inside and outside. Then the next day they get made into pipes, and are further drilled, polished, and varnished.

I like the people at MM, but I don’t want them getting lazy.:)

• Haha
Reactions: newbroom

Bassman65

Can't Leave
Nov 30, 2022
Canada
Living in the land of snow and ice, I don’t want to chance my nice briars in the sub zero weather. Nothing negative would probably happen to them, but you never know when you’re wearing gloves. The cobs provide a good grip. Love my 9mm European No. 1. I wish they’d make another that takes a 9mm filter.