PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

didimauw

Staff member
Jul 28, 2013
Burlington WI
I had a thread about this pipe but I never really talked much about it, or had many pictures. It was more just a silly thread.

After several emails, and a handfull of days, I received the exact pipe I was looking for. I wasn't smoking it because I was working towards failure on my Meer for a year thread. ?.

Anyways, even after that stint, I for some reason couldn't get myself to light fire to it. Almost once every couple weeks, I'd pull it out of the leather pouch, and clench it for a minute. "Today's the day I'm going to smoke it". Then I'd promptly put it back in the leather pouch, and smoke something else. It was haunting me.

My favorite shape, style, and color. Everything I wanted. And yet I'd go back in, clench it for a while, and yet still put it back and smoke something else.

I had hernia surgery 3 days ago and have been stuck on my couch in the worst pain imaginable. Reading every thread imaginable on here, looking at pipes, carvers, and watching videos thinking I needed something different.

I came to the conclusion today that I could just sell the pipe, and get something else much cheaper, plus a tub of tobacco, and still have money left over. Bam problem solved. Already had it fully planned. Tomorrow was the day it goes up for sale.

I reclined my seat and passed out. About a half hour later, I painfully kicked myself out of my reclined position, and grabbed the Tinsky. Before I knew it, I was halfway through the first smoke in my new pipe, with an email sent to the man regarding my second commission.
Maybe it's the pain pills, or the lack of sleep or decent sleep cycle, I don't know, but I'm glad I did it.

It was the first real comfort I've had during these very painful couple days, and I needed it. This pipe smokes so well. Wide open draw, thin delicate bit, lightweight, and yet a hefty piece of briar.

I tried to take better pictures of it, but they don't do it justice.

2021 Tinsky
Size 4 straight billiard
Cabernet finish
One star grade.
PXL_20210919_043258463.jpgPXL_20210919_051850238.jpgPXL_20210919_051655947.jpgPXL_20210919_051710825.jpgPXL_20210919_043343224.jpg
I'm super excited to see what he says about the next one.

Edit: Oh and looking at pics from when the pipe arrived at my door, was EXACTLY 6 months ago to the day.

Brendan

Lifer
May 16, 2021
Cowra, New South Wales, Australia.
All the best for your recovery @didimauw , that pipe is an instant classic in my books, something about a classic shape done well - classy and stands apart from everyday factory made pipes (Tinsky’s the man).
Gotta say that pipe seems to suit you quite well, may be the stem/accents matching your glass frames, but its certainly your pipe.

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
Tinsky's definitely punch about their weight class. I just had my lone Tinsky, a Sandblast out last night for a nice smoke around a neighbors fire pit. As I was putting it away, I marveled at how well it is constructed. I don't have many acrylic stemmed pipes, or I would own more. This one has been thru the ringer - lots of travel use. The infamous Kyle Black stole it, then returned it.

I hope you mend quickly, and enjoy the solace of the pipe as you do.

Mark_Tinsky_Apple_Gallery.JPG

lawdawg

Lifer
Aug 25, 2016
Beautiful pipe! I’m glad to hear that when you decided to finally smoke it, you immediately were ready to order another.

I favor classic shapes too, and would probably get something similar for my first artisan pipe when I’m ready for one.

Get well soon!

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
Great looking pipe Didi. About time you fired her up. Are you not glad you finally did it? Yes it was the opiates that got you to finally do it. Opiates lower your inhibitions so you do what you really want to and you say screw it I am gonna do what I want to and no one is getting in my way.

Did your hernia get strangulated? Is that why you had to have surgery? I have lived with a hernia in my stomach and another one in my groin for years and I haven't had surgery as my doctor said I really didn't have to have one. Put this picture in your head when the pain gets bad.

Imagine having a doctor take a camera and another device and stick them up the hole of your penis while you are under general anesthesia . They finally get the kidney stones out of you and they leave a stent in your dick for a week or 2. Every time you have to piss it feels like you are pissing glass. There is nothing you can do but cringe every time you get an urge to piss as you know what is coming. The best part of this ordeal is when it is time to take the stent out. There is a rip cord at the end of your dick and the doctor says take a deep breath and he yanks the stent out. There is no way they shouldn't have you under for that shit. I have had it done to me 7-10 times in my life. Now when you feel pain, put that picture in your head and you might not feel so bad. lol

PipesRock

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 21, 2020
Florida
Feel better soon. I love that classic shape and those colors contrast so well. Enjoy the pipe and new one to come.

didimauw

Staff member
Jul 28, 2013
Burlington WI
Great looking pipe Didi. About time you fired her up. Are you not glad you finally did it? Yes it was the opiates that got you to finally do it. Opiates lower your inhibitions so you do what you really want to and you say screw it I am gonna do what I want to and no one is getting in my way.

Did your hernia get strangulated? Is that why you had to have surgery? I have lived with a hernia in my stomach and another one in my groin for years and I haven't had surgery as my doctor said I really didn't have to have one. Put this picture in your head when the pain gets bad.

Imagine having a doctor take a camera and another device and stick them up the hole of your penis while you are under general anesthesia . They finally get the kidney stones out of you and they leave a stent in your dick for a week or 2. Every time you have to piss it feels like you are pissing glass. There is nothing you can do but cringe every time you get an urge to piss as you know what is coming. The best part of this ordeal is when it is time to take the stent out. There is a rip cord at the end of your dick and the doctor says take a deep breath and he yanks the stent out. There is no way they shouldn't have you under for that shit. I have had it done to me 7-10 times in my life. Now when you feel pain, put that picture in your head and you might not feel so bad. lol
Oh .....my......God......

Your right, I don't feel bad anymore.
No it didn't get strangulated, but o6f I cough, bent over, or sneeze, it felt like I sat on my nuts. But the pain is much worse now after surgery than it was before! That's for sure. They went in below the ribcage, to get to my groin. So now it hurts up top and down below. Awesome.

And yes I'm extremely happy I decided to light my pipe finally. I think it was all the recent talk about "premium briar" and breaking pipes in that made me make the final decision. Now that I've done this, I feel myself wanting to never go back to the 30 dollar grabows. Like letting an indoor cat outside for the first time. They get that one whiff of freedom, and outside cats they become. Only to come inside to eat and sleep. Atleast that's how it was with my 3 cats.