PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

admin

Smoking a Pipe Right Now
Staff member
Nov 16, 2008
St. Petersburg, FL
pipesmagazine.com
Our featured interview on tonight's Pipes Magazine Radio Show is with Nathan Davis of Greywoodie Fame. Nathan has been known as one of the biggest fans of Kaywoodie, and now he owns the company. Nathan started as a collector of Kaywoodie, then became a dealer and launched his Greywoodie site. Kaywoodie is a 173 year old company owned by the same family for four generations until now. He goes by CrashTheGrey in the Pipes Magazine forums, and is also the organizer of the Capitaland Pipe Show, and has his own podcast. We’ll hear first hand about his exciting journey, and what he has planned for the future of Kaywoodie. At the top of the show, Brian will dispel some myths about the bottom of the pipe bowl.

The show airs every Tuesday at 8:00pm eastern US time, and can be found at PipesMagazine.com and all podcast apps.
Nathan-Davis.jpg

jbfrady

Can't Leave
Jul 27, 2023
South Carolina
[Edit by proxy]
Another fantastic interview! I had the pleasure of meeting Nathan at the Las Vegas show and having a conversation with him and a few other guys about billiards, the history of the shape, and its appeal. It was a conversation that drastically influenced how I've seen both pipe smoking and pipe making since then.

At that moment, he was showing off his Driftwoodie, which from what I understand is created by a process which threatens to destroy all human life in the immediate vicinity if done wrong. Even still, he was slinging these beauties at aggressively affordable prices. The only way to maintain such a model is by scale, so there's nobody better to step up to the historic Kaywoodie plate.

Congrats, @crashthegrey, on your iconic moment, though I'm sorry that it must surely be shrouded by a melancholy cloud. Here's to hoping that seeing you work your magic helps Bill along a speedy recovery. Cheers!

P.S.... that Bon Jovi threat was mean, Levine!

Last edited by a moderator:

condorlover1

Lifer
Dec 22, 2013
New York
@crashthegrey: Good luck with that chum - I know you will make a huge success out it. Enjoy running a business and meeting a lot of armchair experts. Just remember it is your vision to execute and not the foibles of the masses. The British motorcycle industry only recovered when someone who understood business built a bike that people wanted to ride as opposed to a nostalgia tribute act with questionable mechanical dependability! Look forward to seeing you soon!

crashthegrey

Lifer
Dec 18, 2015
Cobleskill, NY
www.greywoodie.com
@crashthegrey: Good luck with that chum - I know you will make a huge success out it. Enjoy running a business and meeting a lot of armchair experts. Just remember it is your vision to execute and not the foibles of the masses. The British motorcycle industry only recovered when someone who understood business built a bike that people wanted to ride as opposed to a nostalgia tribute act with questionable mechanical dependability! Look forward to seeing you soon!
Ha! Armchair experts get in quick, even before I took over. Thank you for the kind words and thoughts. Cannot wait to see you. I'll keep some good plug in my pocket in case you are at one of the shows.

Reactions: jpmcwjr and Laurent