PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

epazikas

Might Stick Around
Mar 20, 2024
Mölndal, Sweden
Don’t let that stop you if you have access to it and are interested in it.

It’s been about 22 years but I used to smoke pouches of American spirit blue. I don’t remember anything about it but I enjoyed it.
Thank you! I am a new in pipe smoking and never was a smoker before, therefore I was uncertain if this tobacco can be used in a pipe or only in cigarretes.

Green Hill piper

Can't Leave
Feb 1, 2023
American spirit cigarettes are the best quality you can buy, I still enjoy one or two with coffee in the morning. As far as pipe tobacco? No it's RYO cigarette tobacco but you will not find a better tasting cigarette tobacco.

Green Hill piper

Can't Leave
Feb 1, 2023
And it's not native American tobacco. Made right here in North Carolina. Also just a fun fact, in the movies that still have cigarette smoking usually they Will have a pack of Morley's, Hollywood owned brand name but the cigarettes themselves nine times out of ten are American spirits, you can clearly see the eagle on the paper. Those actors won't be smoking crap like buoy silver😉

Last edited:
Reactions: JOHN72 and epazikas

craig61a

Lifer
Apr 29, 2017
Minnesota USA
It’s just tobacco… RYO is usually just a finer cut, like shag. However, “Pipe Tobacco” as it is sold today is usually classified as pipe tobacco for the tax status, and a wider ribbon cut.

Many times manufactured cigarettes contain reconstituted tobacco, which is finely ground (like snuff), mixed with water and binders and other additives and rolled out like sheets of paper, then sliced into ribbons.

Non-Mentholated Black Man

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 4, 2024
Where Texas Began
IMG_1672.jpeg

Is it just me or does that Native American look dark as hell?