PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

didimauw

Staff member
Jul 28, 2013
Burlington WI
And I didn't even plan on it. Asked the seller if he had any straight billiards, as I don't have one in a meer yet. (There is an obvious language barrier, but he does pretty well with his English.)
I gave him the specs I was looking for at the price I was willing to spend and he said "yes of course". Pictures back and forth for reference and size, and he showed me a picture. It was perfect, and just what I wanted.

I asked him 2 days later if it had shipped yet, and he said "No I'm making it right now." 😂

He went out of the way and added a silver band, and asked what I thought. I usually don't care for silver on a pipe, but I think it ads to the pipe in this instance. I got the finished pictures tonight.

The maker is Mustafa from Astas Meerschaum in Turkey. He is the same guy I bought my meer tamper from.

icm_fullxfull.484164102_b9ij66op7qossw8wk8c8.jpg
icm_fullxfull.484164168_nks88r1biw0k4so0kssw.jpg
icm_fullxfull.484164394_6frtzwqvljkscscokokg.jpg
It's my favorite pipe shape in my favorite pipe material.
My tamper is coloring nicely, and I WILL be buying more from him.
PXL_20221012_135941843.MP.jpgPXL_20221012_135924735.MP.jpg

Last edited:

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
Asked the seller if he had any straight billiards, as I don't have one in a meer yet. (There is an obvious language barrier, but he does pretty well with his English.)
I gave him the specs I was looking for at the price I was willing to spend and he said "yes of course". Pictures back and forth for reference and size, and he showed me a picture. It was perfect, and just what I wanted.
That's how I ended up with my IMP reverse calabash. I inquired about one and three days later it was finished.

Great looking billiard!

• Love
Reactions: didimauw and Ahi Ka

Dyakoff

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 16, 2022
Ukraine
Would you be so kind to share his contacts?

I always wanted a purely meer tamper, but the only tampers available always have a metal end, rendering the whole idea of a meer tamper useless.

Reactions: didimauw

didimauw

Staff member
Jul 28, 2013
Burlington WI
Would you be so kind to share his contacts?

I always wanted a purely meer tamper, but the only tampers available always have a metal end, rendering the whole idea of a meer tamper useless.
Yes I did not want a meer tamper with a metal foot for that same reason. I initially found him on Etsy and that's what I spoke to him through, and purchased with. But he does have a website
astasmeerchaumpipes.com that is still up and running, but I believe He updates Etsy more often.

He does commissions on pipes AND tampers.

Last edited:
Reactions: Dyakoff

Dyakoff

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 16, 2022
Ukraine
I
Wow!!!!!!!!! That’s a lot more cool than the tamper I’m using this morning!! Incredible pipe!!!
Back in spring when my family was fleeing from war I had to use a rusty nail as a tamper for 3 month 🤠 ,
cause I grabbed my pipe, but not the acessories.

It had a shape just like yours, lol.

Reactions: aspiring_sage

tmcg81

Part of the Furniture Now
May 8, 2020
NJ
That's a beautiful pipe. I keep seeing all these great meerschaum pipes and I'm starting to think I may need one.

Reactions: didimauw