PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Toast

Part of the Furniture Now
Feb 15, 2021
UK
Looks like GH have made some new blends - a Gold Shag Latakia, Gold Shag Perique, & a Kendal House.

The last sounds pretty exciting, a VaBurCav with a light molasses topping. Notes of grass & citrus. Definitely adding that one to my next order!

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
That's good to know. What happened to their rope blends? They are all out of stock at SP, and I don't see them elsewhere. Maybe they just don't sell. I bought a metal cigar cutter to cut rope, but so far, no hope on rope.

Andriko

Can't Leave
Nov 8, 2021
London
I'm a bit cocerned about mention of a molasses 'topping', I'm interested in aromatics, but then again, this is hardly vanilla and bubblegum

Andriko

Can't Leave
Nov 8, 2021
London
Not very interested, feel like the shag cut is a rebrand of their rolling tobacco - which I’d love to try one day…

I smoke their Auld Kendal dark which is pretty damn good, and I'm really fussy when it comes to cigarettes. It's not quite the same as Gauloises, but it'll do.

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
GH are assholes. They cannot even come close to meeting the demand of their normal blends, now they come out with new stuff?
I have no GH product in my cellar and all of my Samuel Gawith stock is 2012 and earlier except for one blend and that is Cabbies Mixture which I only have maybe 25 tins of the original release. . I bought it on a whim with no test tin as I figured if it was from SG it had to be a winner, it isn't to my tastes.

Reactions: greeneyes

tom12

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 26, 2011
GH are assholes. They cannot even come close to meeting the demand of their normal blends, now they come out with new stuff?
I have no GH product in my cellar and all of my Samuel Gawith stock is 2012 and earlier except for one blend and that is Cabbies Mixture which I only have maybe 25 tins of the original release. . I bought it on a whim with no test tin as I figured if it was from SG it had to be a winner, it isn't to my tastes.
Not a fan of Cabbie's mixture either, love their other stuff, why don't you just sell it?