PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

MRW

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 6, 2022
Fort Worth Texas
Hello All .... from MN .... me = Sandblast .... previously on the UK forum that vanished .... retired, pipe smoking since my US Army days, over 50 years back, influence was my buddy, my Grandfather .... have been reading this forum for couple years, love the commentary, love the info. Hope to engage!!
Hello and welcome to the Forum from Deep in the Heart of Texas. You will find this site to be informative and the members insightful (and at times, most entertaining). Enjoy your stay!

Reactions: BenMN

Sandblast

Might Stick Around
Dec 10, 2023
Mendota Heights, Dakota Country, MN
"Hi and welcome from Northamptonshire England, Was it the International Peterson Pipe Club that you were a member of ? puffy"

It was "smokersforums.co.uk" .... As disheartening as it was for me when it was done, I've found this site to be every bit (if not more) interesting & gratifying. From all my readings, I already feel like I know some of you folks. : )

Sandblast

Might Stick Around
Dec 10, 2023
"Hi and welcome from Northamptonshire England, Was it the International Peterson Pipe Club that you were a member of ? puffy"

It was "smokersforums.co.uk" .... As disheartening as it was for me when it was done, I've found this site to be every bit (if not more) interesting & gratifying. From all my readings, I already feel like I know some of you folks. : )

Sandblast

Might Stick Around
Dec 10, 2023
Thank you to all for your (amazing, impressive) replies! I joined my first Pipe Club (in MN) just back in May. Have really enjoyed getting together each month, learning about all the guys (no women yet), sharing tobacco, etc. All the quick responses here have made me feel like this is sort of an "Internet Pipe Club" .... fun so far, looking forward to future involvement.

Sandblast

Might Stick Around
Dec 10, 2023

Hello to the Moderator,
I'm very new here & am wondering about some help. I don't know how this post got "doubled" (???), because it was on here once, then today I see it twice. And I overlooked the "m" in the title word "from". Just trying to start off here on the right foot. I did see how to add my choice of an avatar & also how to reply the correct way. Thank you. I hope to share a few things with all the folks here.

Tyke Piper

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 2, 2023
The Shire of York, England
Welcome to the forums from northern England 🖐🏻🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 :sher:
screenshot_20230907_150717_brave-jpg.270204
20231016_222709.jpg

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
Oops .... darn .... my first & introductory message & I misspelled the title. Sorry! Meant to say "New here, from MN" .... hate to start off on the wrong foot. Perhaps the moderator can correct my misspelling (?). Thank You (!!!).
Not a problem; title edited.

Rule 9 asks that titles be capitalized except for unimportant words and articles. Most 2-3 letter words can or should be lower case.

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
Hello to the Moderator,
I'm very new here & am wondering about some help. I don't know how this post got "doubled" (???), because it was on here once, then today I see it twice. And I overlooked the "m" in the title word "from". Just trying to start off here on the right foot. I did see how to add my choice of an avatar & also how to reply the correct way. Thank you. I hope to share a few things with all the folks here.
I'm one of several Mods. I deleted the duplicate, and corrected the typo.

Please put your location in your Profile, as people are forgetful.
Why: It will save time for others as to where you live when you mention local stores, weather, tobacco prices, availability, regulations, location of photos, wildfires, air quality, etc. In many instances that saves time for those who read your posts, and for you in not having to reply to inquiries. .
How:
Under your avatar, (top right, left most of three symbols) you choose "Account Details", which brings up "My Account". "My Location" is halfway down. Whatever you're comfortable with- town, city, county, state. province, etc.

Sandblast

Might Stick Around
Dec 10, 2023
I'm one of several Mods. I deleted the duplicate, and corrected the typo.

Please put your location in your Profile, as people are forgetful.
Why: It will save time for others as to where you live when you mention local stores, weather, tobacco prices, availability, regulations, location of photos, wildfires, air quality, etc. In many instances that saves time for those who read your posts, and for you in not having to reply to inquiries. .
How:
Under your avatar, (top right, left most of three symbols) you choose "Account Details", which brings up "My Account". "My Location" is halfway down. Whatever you're comfortable with- town, city, county, state. province, etc.
Thank you! Completed. And I also see that titles should be in BOLD print, which I also did not do. But will correct in future. Gosh, I sure stepped in the Brown Applesauce on my initial posting.
NOTE: I've enjoyed your commentary (not cheap flattery) plus I admire your avatar. I like pics, drawings & paintings of Pipe Smokers. GOOGLE Images is a "treasure trove" of these. Gives me perspective on the larger community. Maybe I'll post some of these for others enjoyment .... assuming I can "figger out" how to do that. : )

Reactions: BenMN and jpmcwjr