PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
Loneredtree - that is a very attractive pipe, let us know how she smokes. I'm into my 2nd bowl of the night in the Upshall, with some Boswell "Magnum". The draw is darn near perfect!
I found the seller Pengangle references, he has some nice pipe available:

http://www.ebay.com/sch/jamesupshallpipeco/m.html?_nkw=&_armrs=1&_from=&_ipg=&_trksid=p3686

loneredtree

Part of the Furniture Now
May 27, 2011
Sierra Foothills
It did smoke well, Lasted over one hour gently sipping. Very good draw. I am going to be using this one frequently.
The shape is a slightly bent Rhodesian. It does not fit any in the shape chart. Probably why the FH designation.
I like the 2nd Oomp Paul in the Pengangle line up. It is too rich for me. :cry:

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
Ah, interesting on the FH designation. I assumed FT on mine meant "full taper" for the stem?
On a nomenclature note, I emailed Upshall and Mr. Ezrati on details of my pipe and he sent back this reply:
It is quite difficult to give the exact information with just a picture, however, I believe this pipe was created in our Tilshead studios by Mr Barry Jones in the early 1990's. When I purchased the Company in 1996 I made very subtle changes to the nomenclature. This pipe pre-dates this. I hope you enjoy smoking it.

Status
Not open for further replies.