PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

RL Bucktails

Lurker
Apr 23, 2024
Pascack Valley
Hello all:

I regestered here the other day and figured I would say hi and look forward to gaining some knowledge from the good prople here. I am an occasional cigar smoker now but used to smoke them frequently. I watched a video on YT about pipes and remembered that back around 1999 i purchased a pipe and some three star blue, red and green from Iwan Ries smoked it a couple times and put it away. Well that video had me thinking and I found the box that held my Iwan ries bent billiard smooth, tamper, pipe cleaners and the tobacco still sealed in the pouches. I rehydrated the tabacco and smoked it. Well with some video instruction I was able to smoke that pipe properly and I must say I think I am hooked. I now have a Savinelli Roma 122 and a Peterson 105 Dracula and would like to add some more even though my wife is rolling her eyes over my new hobby$$$. I seem to enjoy non aromatics more but enjoy some aromatics as well. Some blends I like are Nightcap, My mixture 965, Plub pudding, mississippi river, peterson delux navy rolls, haunted book shop, CD autumn evening, shepards pie, faulkner flake, northwoods and countyside.

MRW

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 6, 2022
Fort Worth Texas
Hello all:

I regestered here the other day and figured I would say hi and look forward to gaining some knowledge from the good prople here. I am an occasional cigar smoker now but used to smoke them frequently. I watched a video on YT about pipes and remembered that back around 1999 i purchased a pipe and some three star blue, red and green from Iwan Ries smoked it a couple times and put it away. Well that video had me thinking and I found the box that held my Iwan ries bent billiard smooth, tamper, pipe cleaners and the tobacco still sealed in the pouches. I rehydrated the tabacco and smoked it. Well with some video instruction I was able to smoke that pipe properly and I must say I think I am hooked. I now have a Savinelli Roma 122 and a Peterson 105 Dracula and would like to add some more even though my wife is rolling her eyes over my new hobby$$$. I seem to enjoy non aromatics more but enjoy some aromatics as well. Some blends I like are Nightcap, My mixture 965, Plub pudding, mississippi river, peterson delux navy rolls, haunted book shop, CD autumn evening, shepards pie, faulkner flake, northwoods and countyside.
Hello and welcome to the Forum from Deep in the Heart of Texas. You will find this site to be informative and the members insightful (and at times, most entertaining). Enjoy your stay!