PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Laurent

Lifer
Dec 25, 2021
Michigan
As I got into pipes and collecting them, soon I realized I need place to put them. I went online and didn’t like anything I saw, I was looking for something more modern. Talking to the manager at the local B&M and other pipe club members, I gathered their opinions and criticisms and started my journey. After the prototype was done, we tried every pipe in the store for fit. I listen to more opinions and fixed a few things. I’m a believer in criticism makes better products, I’m looking for yours. I have two other colors I’ll be showing later. Thank you for your time and opinions. 86D8A131-24AA-44F4-A9B4-1070A2954A3B.jpegBF29EBF6-9B6F-4C35-9758-51C8195A856A.jpeg33EA4F0F-C20D-476B-B2C4-70FAA857A073.jpegE912DB48-C075-4301-B269-C652CE671E7F.jpeg

Duck

Can't Leave
Aug 28, 2021
Edinburgh
As I got into pipes and collecting them, soon I realized I need place to put them. I went online and didn’t like anything I saw, I was looking for something more modern. Talking to the manager at the local B&M and other pipe club members, I gathered their opinions and criticisms and started my journey. After the prototype was done, we tried every pipe in the store for fit. I listen to more opinions and fixed a few things. I’m a believer in criticism makes better products, I’m looking for yours. I have two other colors I’ll be showing later. Thank you for your time and opinions. View attachment 124682View attachment 124683View attachment 124684View attachment 124685
I'd visited your Instagram page and was puzzled how two bookends and a length of square profile wood could make a pipe rack? The answer is surprising and clever.

Laurent

Lifer
Dec 25, 2021
Michigan
I will be selling them. I have to fill the local B&M order and then I’ll be posting new ones for sale. Im using high grade wood, these are white ash, and cow leather. I will be using other types of wood and leather dyes soon. I also have the plans for 12 pipe double stack racks that will also hang on the wall.

May 2, 2018
Bucks County, PA
As I got into pipes and collecting them, soon I realized I need place to put them. I went online and didn’t like anything I saw, I was looking for something more modern. Talking to the manager at the local B&M and other pipe club members, I gathered their opinions and criticisms and started my journey. After the prototype was done, we tried every pipe in the store for fit. I listen to more opinions and fixed a few things. I’m a believer in criticism makes better products, I’m looking for yours. I have two other colors I’ll be showing later. Thank you for your time and opinions. View attachment 124682View attachment 124683View attachment 124684View attachment 124685

Lol that’s a lot of pipes, I have some catching up to do.
I don't currently have 180 pipes, but close... I just wanted to leave a little growing room. I have racks for 100 pipes now, but I still have drawers full of the damned things. Maybe I should make it for 200, so that the rack will last a little longer.

Laurent

Lifer
Dec 25, 2021
Michigan
Awesome design, good sir! Dyed leather to indicate which pipes go where (green for Pete's, red for italian, dark brown for english, etc) would be a neat feature. Perhaps allowing 1 side to detach to adjust colors on the rails as pipe collection grows. If that makes sense?

Nonetheless, brilliant design!
Maybe I could do holiday series like pipe companies.

Very clever and appears to be highly functional. For my taste, I would like to see a darker stain for the wood and leather. Perhaps a walnut option?
Spray Painting GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

Dec 3, 2021
Pennsylvania & New York
Aesthetically, it's easy on the eyes. I do like the suggestion by @RalphiesDad about being able to open up one end. I have a number of pipes that vary in width within the same marque, or style, and shape; it would be nice to have the flexibility to add or remove a loop. Being able to sort by material, or country, or brand and be able to adjust the space between would be ideal.

hauntedmyst

Lifer
Feb 1, 2010
Chicago
You want opinions on your pipe racks? Pipe racks that required innocent trees to be cut down and innocent cows to die just so their hides could be used to display your pipes? Is that what your heartless earth crushing capitalist soul wants?!?!?! Ok. I think they are awesome! puffy Very cleaver twist on the design!

BROBS

Lifer
Nov 13, 2019
IA
Make them without leather. How about folded canvas?