PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

westover48

Lurker
Sep 22, 2022
Hello, Rich from Columbus, OH. Been piping for three months now. Never smoked anything before. Have not met a tobacco yet that I have not enjoyed. Aromatics, English and Vapers. This seems to be turning into a nice retirement hobby. I am grateful for all of the resources that are available online.

Ryan

Part of the Furniture Now
Sep 30, 2021
Noblesville Indiana USA
Hello from Noblesville, IN!

I've learned a lot from this site, there are many knowledgeable and experienced pipe smokers here (I am not one of them, I just started a year ago). One minor note: There is a decent chance that someone (besides me) will mention that a piper is a person who plays bagpipes. Enjoy!

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
Welcome from Florida. One piece of advice I will suggest is that if you are going to try a new tobacco buy a test tin or a test couple of ounces in bulk to make sure you like them. Don't buy blind, it usually doesn't end to well.

I also recommend a Savinelli non filtered pipe. They smoke cool and dry and it will give you a baseline on how a good pipe smokes. This way when you do pick a lemon, you will know it. We have all bought pipes we regret, it is just part of the process.