New Tin of Prince Albert, With a Surprise...

SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

obc83

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 4, 2023
Title edited for capitals.
Please understand Rule 9.

Have smoked a couple bowls since yesterday and am definitely enjoying it, I'm starting to recognize the cocoa scent when I open the tin. I just posted in "What are you smoking Nov" feeling great about my purchase. Unfortunately, I just went for another fill up and found this pretty large piece of shredded plastic. What do y'all think; keep smoking or return and try again?
KIMG0483.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
If a piece of plastic was shredded as they were feeding leaf into the shredder, it was likely spread out over about 50 pounds of tobacco. You may, or may not find any more in your tin, and the next 200 tins of PA probably got a small piece too. What you gonna do?
I'd just check through the rest of the tin before smoking it.

obc83

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 4, 2023
So far, I'm in agreement. Going to pick through it tonight. Thanks.

kcghost

Lifer
May 6, 2011
Olathe, Kansas
Yeah, just sort through the tobacco and separate the good from the bad. When it seems you just aren't finding anything you can quit searching.

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
Yes, no real problem if caution and eyeballs are used.

Please put your location in your Profile, as people are forgetful.
Why: It will save time for others as to where you live when you mention local stores, weather, tobacco prices, availability, regulations, location of photos, wildfires, air quality, etc. In many instances that saves time for those who read your posts, and for you in not having to reply to inquiries. .
How:
Under your avatar, (top right, left most of three symbols) you choose "Account Details", which brings up "My Account". "My Location" is halfway down. Whatever you're comfortable with- town, city, county, state. province, etc.

H

HRPufnstuf

Yes, no real problem if caution and eyeballs are used.

Please put your location in your Profile, as people are forgetful.
Why: It will save time for others as to where you live when you mention local stores, weather, tobacco prices, availability, regulations, location of photos, wildfires, air quality, etc. In many instances that saves time for those who read your posts, and for you in not having to reply to inquiries. .
How:
Under your avatar, (top right, left most of three symbols) you choose "Account Details", which brings up "My Account". "My Location" is halfway down. Whatever you're comfortable with- town, city, county, state. province, etc.
Couldn't this have been in a private message? Instead of baring it for all to see? Might be seen as humiliating.

Couldn't this have been in a private message? Instead of baring it for all to see? Might be seen as humiliating.
It also puts it out there for others to read and do. Nothing humiliating. The guy just forgot to put his location in his profile.

Edit: He didn't even tag the guy.
Hey @jpmcwjr it really helps to tag people, especially if you want someone specific to read it.

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
If anything should have been a private message, your post takes the cake.

Certainly no humiliation is intended, and as Michael said, it also reminds others. And in some cases, a PM had been sent. Dunno about this particular person.

Reactions: anotherbob

K.E. Powell

Part of the Furniture Now
Aug 20, 2022
West Virginia
This thread had me set up thinking there would be a twist on the old "Prince Albert in a can" joke. Alas. We're just smoking plastic. Some scientists estimate the average American consumes roughly 5 grams of microplastics in a week, so fuck it. Don't even chuck it out. Might as well smoke that too. :LOL:

obc83

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 4, 2023
This thread had me set up thinking there would be a twist on the old "Prince Albert in a can" joke. Alas. We're just smoking plastic. Some scientists estimate the average American consumes roughly 5 grams of microplastics in a week, so fuck it. Don't even chuck it out. Might as well smoke that too. :LOL:
I defy you to explain how this is not a twist on the old "prince albert in a can" joke. And, the piece of plastic is named Albert. Duh.

• Haha
Reactions: K.E. Powell

K.E. Powell

Part of the Furniture Now
Aug 20, 2022
West Virginia
5 grams? That seems like a lot, even if it’s tasty plastic. Milligrams maybe?
Not to derail the thread, but I honestly don't know. I'd say the amount is less and that 5 grams is the most liberal estimate, but I haven't read the study from University of New Castle for myself, so I can't say with much confidence. The whole 5 grams thing kinda took off on the internet because that would be roughly the equivalent to eating a credit card a week, so naturally websites pushed clickbait based on that. I'd say, at the very least, we all probably consume more plastic than we realize. And I'd hazard to guess that it isn't good for our health. But again, I've no real clue. I was just being cheeky.

Reactions: renfield