PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Smokesipper

Lurker
Oct 1, 2023
I'm Pat, a VERY new Smoker as in 4 weeks ago! I've been a Chronic Pain patient since the 70's and decided to try tobacco as a coping method since I've run out of everything except illegal stuff. I'd always liked the scent of pipe tobacco and decided to use that method. I decided the most difficult method I could think of as to not use it like most folks use cigarettes....the Kiseru.
Works quite well and the nicotine hit knocks Pain down at last 2 points for me. I figure with this method I'm decreasing the chance of tolerating the nicotine as well as looking spiffy;>!
I do have a bent stem and a Churchwarden but honestly my system isn't up to that much nicotine(reminded me of my one and only experience with cigars;>)and fin the amt allowed by Kiseru just right at present. The only big problem is getting the tobacco designed for them. Shag works ok but I'm ordering a "herb cutter" as to expand the choices for my Smoke.
So I sit on my porch overlooking the Tellico reservoir with a "cuppa" of good Tea(esp fond of Oolongs) watching the waterbirds stop off on their Migration..
Cheers,
Pat Duffy
Lenoir City, TN

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
Welcome from the Central Coast of California!

1696195820626.png

Please put your location in your Profile, as people are forgetful.
Why: It will save time for others as to where you live when you mention local stores, weather, tobacco prices, availability, regulations, location of photos, wildfires, air quality, etc. In many instances that saves time for those who read your posts, and for you in not having to reply to inquiries. .
How:
Under your avatar, (top right, left most of three symbols) you choose "Account Details", which brings up "My Account". "My Location" is halfway down. Whatever you're comfortable with- town, city, county, state. province, etc.

OzPiper

Lifer
Nov 30, 2020
Sydney, Australia
Welcome Pat (@Smokesipper) from Sydney, Oz

Pleased to hear you find some relief with pipes.
It’s my preferred way to wind down on the weekends - relaxing with a couple of bowls and gazing out on the bush and birdlife across the house or reading a book/the newspapers

Stay well

Reactions: ThermionicScott