PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

carlomarx

Can't Leave
Oct 29, 2011
State College,PA
hey are there any brick and mortar stores in Altoona these days. I know there used to be a sub quality second Tobacco Tavern location many years ago.
I'm unaware of any but you are not far from Boswell's store in Alexandria, on route 22, about fifteen miles west of Altoona. Diner 22 is on the way and it is a great old school diner for breakfast or lunch.

Reactions: anotherbob

BCF

Part of the Furniture Now
Dec 23, 2022
Pennsylvania
I'm unaware of any but you are not far from Boswell's store in Alexandria, on route 22, about fifteen miles west of Altoona. Diner 22 is on the way and it is a great old school diner for breakfast or lunch.
Head East on 22 to get to Boswell's or run up I-99 to Tyrone and take 453 to Water Street! 😁😆😁🤣 used to be a cool spot on the diamond in Hollidaysburg across from the courthouse, but I think now it's an ice cream shop!

• Wow

anotherbob

Lifer
Mar 30, 2019
In the semi-rural NorthEastern USA
sadly it's easier to find someone who has some excuse to go to Altoona then it is with Alexandria. Though that's only said because of the tobacconist situation not the particular towns.

Reactions: BCF

BCF

Part of the Furniture Now
Dec 23, 2022
Pennsylvania
sadly it's easier to find someone who has some excuse to go to Altoona then it is with Alexandria. Though that's only said because of the tobacconist situation not the particular towns.
@carlomarx is right: Diner 22 is excellent. Like the Spruce Creek Tavern, an order of fries there will make you loosen the belt!

• Wow

cdeantonio

Lurker
Oct 2, 2023
Altoona, PA
Head East on 22 to get to Boswell's or run up I-99 to Tyrone and take 453 to Water Street! 😁😆😁🤣 used to be a cool spot on the diamond in Hollidaysburg across from the courthouse, but I think now it's an ice cream shop!
There is a cigar lounge on the diamond now, it's about ten years old or so. Decent little place but not very much in the way of pipe tobacco.

Reactions: BCF