PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

sixmp

Can't Leave
Jan 19, 2012
I just spent an hour with a daft grin on my face due to a random tobacco purchase.
I decided to try some Happy Bogie Hand Spun Kendal Twist and noticed Apple Hand Spun Sweet Twist underneath it.

So i thought in for a penny in for a pound and got both.
Apple Hand Spun Sweet Twist sent me packing. Then it sent my wife packing after trying a few puffs as well (That will teach her to laugh at me) :P
I haven't tried Happy Bogie yet. I think i will wear a crash helmet for that.
The Apple flavor was very light but i could just pick up on it as the room span :mrgreen:

I usually smoke 2 bowls of 1792 most days with no ill effects even on an empty stomach so i was quite surprised.

jchaplick

Lifer
May 8, 2011
Everything that has been said is accurate as far as I can tell. I would say next time make sure you are hydrated, and possibly drink while you smoke. Full stomach helps alot, air movement in you smoking area helps as well. Also you may feel more hit when you learn to smoke longer, you absorb nicotine over time.
There is alot of good advice listed
Hope you can solve your problems

Jul 15, 2011
I think nicotines effect as a stress reliever might have a role in this kind of thing. There are days that arent particularly stressful for me and I can come home and load up a bowl of Montford Point Marine and smoke it all the way down and not feel much of anything. There are other days where I want to come home starting a fist fight from having a rough day, and a pipe or a cigar will really kick my ass and calm me down and ease my pain a little. Today, for instance, was a pretty lazy day. Took the little lady out for lunch, bought stuff to make dinner, came home, played Xbox for a while, cooked dinner, then ate. Nothing stressful at all, and I just took two big sniffs of some Toque Bourbon snuff and lit up a bowl of Billy Budd and didn't feel much of anything. Just one of those things I guess.

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
When I mentioned 40 years of smoking, I was referring to cigarettes and cigars as well as pipes, I have only been smoking a pipe since 2000. I have had lady N kick my ass with cigars and even cigarettes at times over the years. Most times it did hit me was on an empty stomach, and I was not drinking enough fluids, good suggestions on those.

Status
Not open for further replies.