PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

pepperandjack

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 21, 2023
West Carpathian ToodleOoh
When it comes to tobacco and pipes, I have only partial limits. A month ago I was gunning to buy something, and lo and behold, my favorite pipe seller was selling a Vollmer and Nillson billiard for only $475.00. On the spot I bit. I didn't even like the shape of the bowl. But the reputation of the makers bewitched me. I ended up cancelling the order. Poor form, that.

Last night I bought a 1000g of Dark Flake; this morning the same of Brown Bogie. Dark Flake is my all-time favorite, and Brown Bogie is very hard to get. So I had some justification. I had to dig deep to pay, but I just didn't care.

As I say, only partial restraint.

Piping Abe

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 27, 2021
Georgia, USA
As long as it’s within your means, your ok. But also, try not to impulse buy. Take your time, think it through. If you stil want that pipe after a month or two, then grab it. I find myself loading and unloading my cart constantly.

Reactions: JOHN72

Zero

Lifer
Apr 9, 2021
I like to play a game with myself on Mondays and Thursdays. At 2:30 I will load up my cart with fresh estate pipes at SP that catch my eye and then I'll tell myself that I will buy them if they're still there when I get home from work (6:50pm). They are always gone by that time and then I'll whisper "Thank you, thank you...."

• Love
Reactions: woodsroad