PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

FalconForever

Lurker
Mar 22, 2024
Sussex, England
Hoping this is in the right forum....

I almost exclusivley smoke Falcon pipes. I have a small selection I use and a small 'collection' of older ones that I don't use that are displayed. I picked this one up from eBay a while back as I have never seen one before or since. Its all briar with removable mouthpeice. Flat bottomed I assume for placing on table or desk. Lovely shape, brandy bowl? It is not the more modern Falcon Coolway range as there is no room for the filters. I can't find anything similar online or via Google picture search. Its not listed or shown in my very limited Falcon advertising leaflets.

Does anyone know anything about it please?

IMG_20240325_140619303.jpgIMG_20240325_140656011_HDR.jpg

FalconForever

Lurker
Mar 22, 2024
Sussex, England
I was expecting a coolway or international (I think that is what it's called). I smoke my international more often then my regular falcon. It looks more normal.
Yeah I have two International pipes, they're nice. To be honest I quite like the Coolway styling but haven't bought one yet. This though, is an oddity and I'm hoping someone knows more than I do....

Reactions: anotherbob

FalconForever

Lurker
Mar 22, 2024
Sussex, England
I can't wait to hear more including how it smokes for you. I always assumed falcons started with the funky signature design, but who knows now.
They definately started as an aluminium pipe maker. The International came much later and the Coolway range later still. I'm not sure how old this is, my guess is 90s, purely on the fact it has the 'modern' Falcon logo on it.