PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ahi Ka

Lurker
Feb 25, 2020
Aotearoa (New Zealand)
I've been trying to sell mine for years. Nobody wants to buy it. It smoked pretty OK-ish but was ugly enough that it's sat through every sale and not moved at all.
Didn’t you only smoke it twice? Oh jeez, I would have taken it if I had known it was making you feel stink bro

I have an ascorti on the way. When it arrives I’ll post it here. First pipe I have ever heard scream “buy me”

Aug 1, 2012
Didn’t you only smoke it twice? Oh jeez, I would have taken it if I had known it was making you feel stink bro

I have an ascorti on the way. When it arrives I’ll post it here. First pipe I have ever heard scream “buy me”
No worries, and yes, it's only been smoked twice...that's how ugly I think it is. It may be the fact that it has some bad memories attached as well.

agnosticpipe

Lifer
Nov 3, 2013
In the sticks in Mississippi
I had an Ascorti years ago, and sold it for reasons I can't remember. However, about a year ago I came across this little beauty. Advertised as a no name pipe, which it was, but somehow had an Ascorti stem on it. Super cheap, so I had to buy it to play with. Someone had started to do some sanding on it, and it was a mess with quite a few fills, so I knew it was not made by Ascorti, but the stem seems to be a legit Ascorti stem. I managed to get it looking pretty good, and it is actually a very good smoking pipe!
As for why Ascorti pipes don't get a lot of notice, I have no idea. It seems that Radice is the preferred brand that came out of the original Caminetto pipes.

fullsizeoutput_2ba0.jpeg
fullsizeoutput_2b9f.jpeg

BROBS

Lifer
Nov 13, 2019
IA
A lot of Radice pipes have stupid proportions like a fat shank by the bowl that tapers to a fat clumsy bit. They also like to make the bowl comical in proportion to the rest of the pipe.

there are a few I like but that’s why I have zero Radice pipes.

BROBS

Lifer
Nov 13, 2019
IA
I have one that looks similar to this one:

004-006-3027.jpg

Something about the carving makes me think of flesh falling off exposing muscle underneath. I love it.

Status
Not open for further replies.