PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

beefeater33

Lifer
Apr 14, 2014
Central Ohio

If they had of not let the adults in, the kids would have had a blast. The whole concept of the book is that the factory is a place of imagination, and kids still have imagination. The adults, especially parents do not. Let a bunch of kids in there with some sugary treats to get them all tweaking, and they'd of had a blast.
The movie kills the whole spirit of the book. The whole idea is that as you're eyes move across these simple visual symbols, words, sentences, ideas, and then images start to form, and it is a code that unlocks all of these magical places in our minds. Movies just shit all over that. All we get is some director's imagination, and the whole idea gets lost.

Also, f^ck legos. we used to play with dirt and erector sets and make fantastical worlds in our minds. The more details that toys give the kids, the less they have to use their imagination. Old legos were cool. None of this lego man things. We could build anything. Now, legos are sold to make specific things, and they add in all of these detailed looking pieces. Imagination killers.

Oct 3, 2021
Southeastern PA
Also, f^ck legos. we used to play with dirt and erector sets and make fantastical worlds in our minds. The more details that toys give the kids, the less they have to use their imagination. Old legos were cool. None of this lego man things. We could build anything. Now, legos are sold to make specific things, and they add in all of these detailed looking pieces. Imagination killers.

These were state of the art killing machines back in my day. Today it's Fortnite, but my childhood, I can't tell you how many kills I racked up as a kid, but I certainly gave Carlos Hathcock and Chris Kyle a run for their money 😉

1709315149297.png

anotherbob

Lifer
Mar 30, 2019
In the semi-rural NorthEastern USA
These were state of the art killing machines back in my day. Today it's Fortnite, but my childhood, I can't tell you how many kills I racked up as a kid, but I certainly gave Carlos Hathcock and Chris Kyle a run for their money 😉

View attachment 292527
still are my neighbors kid almost killed me with one of those. Lucky for me I always keep a few finger guns handy. Though his also turned into a sword and that tree is now dead.

• Haha
Reactions: PA Piper Mike
Jul 26, 2021
Metro-Detroit
They had a similar exhibition in Metro Detroit that was located in a mall. About $40 per person, but various chocolate samples, interactive experiences with all of the senses, games, a scavenger hunt, and ball pit.

While I wouldn't pay for it again, the experience for a 3 year old was fun. Thankfully, it wasn't as bad as the display in the initial article.

Reactions: pipenschmoeker123

gubbyduffer

Can't Leave
May 25, 2021
Peebles, Scottish Borders
I can't quite believe how big this has become this week. Seems to have blown up over the Internet. As a Scot, I have never been more proud of Glasgow. Images, videos and comments of the event have provided comedy gold all week. The image of the poor, miserable actress dressed as an oompah loompa in a meth lab, has had me in stitches.
1000015637.jpg