PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

hoipolloiglasgow

Can't Leave
Oct 14, 2023
United States
It's super ghosted with something that had a wintergreen casing on it. You can tell that that's all they smoked out of it. That's the only thing about it, other than that it's in really good condition. I'm working on cleaning it and smoking it out. It's the worst case of ghosting that I've ever experienced. Any tips would be appreciated. I'm going to try 90% rubbing alcohol, which is what I normally use with great results.

runscott

Lifer
Jun 3, 2020
Washington State
View attachment 302657
This is the best I can get the numbers to show. As stated earlier, they are really crisp in person. Fixed the ghosting issue. Got some tobacco stuck in the craggy crevices!
I hear you that the numbers are crisp, but what are they?

I only ask because out of all the 1939-1945 Dunhills I've seen listed on ebay, exactly one has actually been 1939-1945. They are out there, as I've owned the one (1944) I mentioned, but they are generally dated incorrectly (10 years too early) based on mis-reading of Pipephil information.

hoipolloiglasgow

Can't Leave
Oct 14, 2023
United States
I hear you that the numbers are crisp, but what are they?

I only ask because out of all the 1939-1945 Dunhills I've seen listed on ebay, exactly one has actually been 1939-1945. They are out there, as I've owned the one (1944) I mentioned, but they are generally dated incorrectly (10 years too early) based on mis-reading of Pipephil information.
59/3 Dunhill Shell MADE IN ENGLAND
U.S. Patent. 341418/20

runscott

Lifer
Jun 3, 2020
Washington State
Take a close up with a cell phone, under a light, flash off, you can get surprisingly good pix.
I have the absolute :poop:-tiest cell phone camera in the universe, and by magnifying and holding the phone against something to steady it, in good light, I can get perfectly clear images of stamping.