PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Ryan

Part of the Furniture Now
Sep 30, 2021
Noblesville Indiana USA
I bought this off that auction site pretty cheap, I made an offer I didn’t think the seller would accept. The accepted and it arrived today.

It had a working flint, so I tried putting some gas in it. I could hear some leaking so I just let it be.

I picked it up again a half hour later, and this thing is working fine!
497A253D-760B-4CD8-92C8-0F874B9EA739.jpeg

I think I will get a rebuild kit for it, but I couldn’t be happier with this. It’s an early model (seller says 1953-1956, and what I have seen backs that up) but it is still going today. How many current model lighters will still be working (and fixable) in another 70 years or so?

didimauw

Staff member
Jul 28, 2013
Burlington WI
I bought this off that auction site pretty cheap, I made an offer I didn’t think the seller would accept. The accepted and it arrived today.

It had a working flint, so I tried putting some gas in it. I could hear some leaking so I just let it be.

I picked it up again a half hour later, and this thing is working fine!
View attachment 205048

I think I will get a rebuild kit for it, but I couldn’t be happier with this. It’s an early model (seller says 1953-1956, and what I have seen backs that up) but it is still going today. How many current model lighters will still be working (and fixable) in another 70 years or so?
Nice score! And a rebuild kit is a great idea. One of the reasons I like my old boy, is the idea that like my Zippo, it'll be a lighter I have forever and is worth to fix if need be some day. Buy once cry once.

Reactions: Ryan

didimauw

Staff member
Jul 28, 2013
Burlington WI
No, not in the ones I have seen. Although I wish I could find one with the pipe tip, it really isn’t hard to light one with this style.
Must be similar to a Zippo. If a regular rebuild kit will stop the leaks. That's the most important part.

Reactions: Ryan

didimauw

Staff member
Jul 28, 2013
Burlington WI
All the best people are left handed. rotf
Do you mean to imply your one of the lessers that can only operate one hand? Tsk tsk tsk....

I taught myself to be ambidextrous in high school when I hurt my wrist skateboarding 😂. Not guna lie, it doesn't come in handy very often anymore lol.

Reactions: tnfan