PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

anotherbob

Lifer
Mar 30, 2019
In the semi-rural NorthEastern USA
Because even the locals want to tey new things!
When Pizza Hut opened in Athens in the early 90s everyone flocked to it like crazy. I remember as a kid you had to reserve a table and wait weeks before getting a spot like it was a high end restaurant. Pity is they bowed out of the market a few years back, I still like that particular plastic taste of their dough but haven’t had it in years.
Sure but that's like finding out that GLP smokes only Bugler.

64alex

Part of the Furniture Now
May 10, 2016
I am italian and I would say no italian will ever take that, maybe american tourists in Italy. Knowing my country I would say the only use italians would make of it is infusing through an enema whoever came with that idea if he/she will tour in Italy. But I stop here just as a joke and not becoming political.

OzPiper

Lifer
Nov 30, 2020
Sydney, Australia
The oil and water mix in coffee doesn't sound so appetizing, but olive oil on good bread tastes good. I'm not sure that coffee mixture would capture consumers in the U.S., but in Italy, it might do well.
I think the Italians have better palates than any Starbuck executive

I am italian and I would say no italian will ever take that, maybe american tourists in Italy. Knowing my country I would say the only use italians would make of it is infusing through an enema whoever came with that idea if he/she will tour in Italy. But I stop here just as a joke and not becoming political.
If I were Italian I would not have been quite as polite as you

mawnansmiff

Lifer
Oct 14, 2015
Sunny Cornwall, UK.
Much as I love both olive oil & coffee I just wouldn't want them together. I also like onion gravy and I like cornflakes but together? Nah, I don't think so.

Folk have mentioned 'oat milk', now I've never had it but if I did, I doubt I'd like it in my coffee. Some things are just best left alone and coffee is one of them.

Regards,

Jay.

Reactions: Briar Tuck