PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Bourbonandcigars

Might Stick Around
Mar 30, 2024
Aged Kajun Kake. With about 10 years or more of age, this crumble cake enters in my top 3 blends of all time. Wonderful sweet and sour notes all the way down. This particular tin is form 2008. I’m smoking through an 8oz tin of this from 2009 now and wonderful. And it smells like a dessert

What’re some of your favorite straight Virginia flakes? And vapers? (Not even sure Kajun kake is a vaper now that I think about it with cavendish added)

Attachments

• IMG_0367.jpeg
    IMG_0367.jpeg
    87.6 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_0368.jpeg
    IMG_0368.jpeg
    56.6 KB · Views: 6

Choatecav

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 19, 2023
Middle Tennessee
Thanks for this review as I love straight VA's.

I love MacBaren's Virginia HH, both of the Capstan's (Blue & Yellow) and if you haven't tried Country Squire's Faulkner Flake, I suggest you grab some.

I actually want to try FVF but have a terrible time finding it in stock. If anyone has any secrets on where to get it, please give a shout out.

kcghost

Lifer
May 6, 2011
Olathe, Kansas
This is a trip. Yes, I smoked English blends until I work up on morning and discovered I loved Vapers and didn't really care for English's anymore. This was a mere 40 years between these two events.

Choatecav

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 19, 2023
Middle Tennessee
Lately C&D Opening Night and Orlik Golden Sliced respectively, although I'm thinking the latter barely has enough perique to constitute its VaPer label. 🤷‍♂️
You're right about the Orlik barely having perique. I try to coordinate my cellar jars by grouping them by type of tobacco (yes, I am a bit OCD). I have the Orlik in my Va's instead of the Vapers..... :col:

Reactions: Servant King

BingBong

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 26, 2024
London UK
FVF and FVP (the plug version), Germain Golden Flake and Brown Flake (don't care for SG Best Brown, love the Germain, go figure).

VaPers: SG Cabbies Mixture, St James Flake and Plug, Petersons Deluxe Navy Rolls and Elizabethan. Struggled with Rattrays Marlin Flake, cloying sweetness when fresh.