PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
My wife gave me a Savinelli Hercules Oom-Paul one Christmas and it is in regular rotation and gets smoked about as regularly as my other 91 pipes I'd say. It has nice draw, hangs very light on the jaw, and has a good deep bowl for burley blends like Semois, Five Brothers, and Old Joe Krantz. It wasn't something I had in mind to get, but I'm glad to have it both as a gift and as a pipe. It's a good size and weight and handles well.

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
I have ten, and from the late 1970s until the mid-1990s, I constantly smoked them. Now, they are occasionals, mainly because I prefer a smaller pipe when I work or walk. Since the virus hampered my work, I've been smoking them more this year.

Aug 1, 2012
I hated them. They're ugly and unwieldy as well as never passing a pipe cleaner... Then I picked up a Sasieni "Oom Paul" for a ridiculously low price. I meant to flip it but found myself smoking it regularly. I'd post a pic but I have it in storage due to being constantly on the move for the last year. A good one hangs perfectly and you can clench them without thinking. When I get it back, I'll be smoking it regularly again. Oh yeah, it passes a pipe cleaner...

irishearl

Lifer
Aug 2, 2016
Kansas
Have 2. Only certain Hungarians attract me as opposed to the shape itself. Though do love deeply bent pipes. My favorite pipe is a Hungarian-the 2015 Peterson Founder's Edition. If I ever buy another pipe, likely it will also be a Hungarian-the Peterson pub pipe.

Gecko

Can't Leave
Dec 6, 2019
Sweden
I have a Rossi 8614 Oom Paul that I dedicated to Aromatics and smoke regularly. Looking to get another Oom Paul maybe a Moonshine or Briar Works. I like deeply bent pipes for clenching while driving or riding bikes.

Reactions: wolflarsen

rajangan

Part of the Furniture Now
Feb 14, 2018
Edmonton, AB
Mine is an Il Ceppo. It belonged to a friend who, a couple months ago, passed away from a long battle with Parkinson's. He had his pipes sold at the B&M before as he had given up smoking. I walked in, recognized it as his, and slammed down my wallet. The proceeds of which went to charity, knowing him. I smoke it about once a month.

DSC_0548~2.JPG

workman

Lifer
Jan 5, 2018
The Faroe Islands
I have a Savinelli Non-Pareil 9614 that I smoke at least weekly. I bought it as an estate, it is 40-50 years old and I've chewed a hole in the stem, so I am in the process of getting it shipped to Italy for a stem replacement.

Attachments

• 20201008_214451.jpg
    20201008_214451.jpg
    96.4 KB · Views: 7
May 2, 2020
Louisiana
Is this an Oom Paul? If so, I have one and smoke the hell out of it.

View attachment 47399
I guess if the carver called it one it is, but I wouldn’t call it that. Most Oom Pauls have a shank that is parallel or almost parallel with the bowl, which is usually pretty cylindrical. But pipe shape definitions can get as loose as tobacco genre definitions sometimes, so... ?‍♂️

Reactions: mso489
Status
Not open for further replies.