PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

FurCoat

Lifer
Sep 21, 2020
North Carolina
I don't generally post here since I have so many jars in rotation to get through. So the story goes, I'm going to be in the Seattle/Tacoma area next week to visit my step son who is stationed at Lewis McChord before he leaves for S. Korea. I picked up a couple of tins of this years ago and it is now no longer in production. I wanted it to breath a bit before the trip. I found it fitting for the occasion.20240517_135249.jpg20240517_135328.jpg

dottlejockey

Can't Leave
I've recently worked my way through roughly half the old tins of the Fog City Selection from GLP, namely:
-2006 Fillmore
-2010 Montgomery
-2013 Laurel Heights
And upon getting a good grip on these in several pipes, decided to open another. This one from the Original Mixtures line, which i've enjoyed immensely over the years.

GLP Cumberland from 2008.

08 Cumberland.JPG

I have another tin from 2002, a smaller circumference, taller styled one, but will save that for another day. :)

dottlejockey

Can't Leave
I don't generally post here since I have so many jars in rotation to get through. So the story goes, I'm going to be in the Seattle/Tacoma area next week to visit my step son who is stationed at Lewis McChord before he leaves for S. Korea. I picked up a couple of tins of this years ago and it is now no longer in production. I wanted it to breath a bit before the trip. I found it fitting for the occasion.View attachment 310971
Fitting indeed! Hope you have a great trip!

hoipolloiglasgow

Can't Leave
Oct 14, 2023
United States
View attachment 311164
View attachment 311166

2016 Quiet Nights. This stuff is divine.
Before anyone says anything, sorry for the crappy phone pics. No, that is not mold. At first, I thought about keeping it to 9 or 10 years, but nah. The reds are already shining. For anyone wondering, the newest Quiet Nights has a more blueish hew to it. Perhaps more latakia and more of the red wine casing. The new stuff is awesome too and also has plume on it, just not as brown. They both taste similar with the 8 year old one tasting more complex and sweeter as you would expect.

Last edited:

ophiuchus

Lifer
Mar 25, 2016
It’s finally feeling summer-like up here in northern Michigan, and I anticipate some hot, sweltering evenings coming up.
IMG_0018.jpeg
I polished off the remains of a jar of this some time ago. Darn. Time to pop a fresh tin.
IMG_0019.jpeg
I think this is from 2012.
IMG_0020.jpeg
IMG_0021.jpeg
Boy, this smells great. I usually save this for after dark, but some quality control testing is necessary …
IMG_0022.jpeg

QC passed. Brilliantly! I totally got lost in this bowl. Looking forward to future hot, humid nights. puffy

onepyrotec

Lifer
Feb 20, 2013
Nevada
I don't generally post here since I have so many jars in rotation to get through. So the story goes, I'm going to be in the Seattle/Tacoma area next week to visit my step son who is stationed at Lewis McChord before he leaves for S. Korea. I picked up a couple of tins of this years ago and it is now no longer in production. I wanted it to breath a bit before the trip. I found it fitting for the occasion.View attachment 310971View attachment 310972
Always been curious about the SPC blends that were made by LANE (and trying to find tins). How is it compared to the present day blends?

Reactions: FurCoat and Steddy