PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

ernest

Can't Leave
Aug 31, 2010
I recently decided to make a special protection case for taking my favorite pipe along for the ride to wherever.Just a rectangular piece of soft leather(10"x9") wrapped around the pipe and a quarter inch wide leather lace to tie it all secure.I really feel like I got something special.What is your favorite way to transport your favorite pipe?

pstlpkr

Lifer
Dec 14, 2009
Birmingham, AL
I have 3 different methods.

1) smoking it, clenched.

2) in my pocket.

3) I have a two pipe case with a tobacco pouch that snaps in.

I suppose when I do travel away from home, e.g. flying, it stays in my hand.

When driving e.g. to the beach, I take the case, and I always take a churchwarden for those quite evenings listing to the surf... it goes in its box, in the center of the suitcase surrounded by the softest clothes I have.

My buddy, Birmingham0irish wouldn't be caught dead without his 5 pipe case full of Cavicchis.

chuckw

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 7, 2009
I have two leather pipe cases. One holds 5 pipes plus accessories and tobacco. The other is a single pipe case with a pouch for about one day's worth of tobacco. When I was on the road as a cross country truck driver, I kept my pipes in their socks in a box that held 10 pipes. My wife made me a carrier out of an old bath towel with 6 pockets that held that day's pipes.

ernest

Can't Leave
Aug 31, 2010
That's always a good sign when you have your wife on your side with that one.

Status
Not open for further replies.