PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

rokerdepipe

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 1, 2014
Ottawa, Canada
www.ericstendal.com
I’m spending this Good Friday day off at home finally getting around to completing the Excel spreadsheet I created that serves as an index of every article in each volume of the now defunct P&T Magazine.

They used to have an .html version available on their website. I downloaded that years ago and began expanding upon it when they stopped updating it themselves. I’ve found that it’s come in handy over the years to search for things.

“Where was that article on coloring meerschaums?….oh yeah, Volume 8 Number 1 pages 34 and 36.”
”What about that Trial By Fire article on Gawith & Hoggarth tobaccos?…..Volume 12 Number 1 page 56.”

I have several more hours worth of work to go….might have to take a break and enjoy a pipe!

IMG_1501.jpeg

rokerdepipe

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 1, 2014
Ottawa, Canada
www.ericstendal.com
Are the mags available on line anywhere?
Unfortunately, no. At one time during the time they were still in print, one could purchase digital access to their site and you could see digital copies of their magazine. They even had an attempt at a Forum of sorts but it didn’t take off. I think that there was enough apathy and the dollar cost to return on investment made them put it away and the site was taken down.

mingc

Lifer
Jun 20, 2019
The Big Rock Candy Mountains
Unfortunately, no. At one time during the time they were still in print, one could purchase digital access to their site and you could see digital copies of their magazine. They even had an attempt at a Forum of sorts but it didn’t take off. I think that there was enough apathy and the dollar cost to return on investment made them put it away and the site was taken down.
That's too bad.

rokerdepipe

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 1, 2014
Ottawa, Canada
www.ericstendal.com
Make sure to save your work as you go onto at least one external hard drive as a backup! You never know when the AI will decide to just say screw it and go rogue already...

View attachment 299416
Thanks. I have it safe in my iCloud account. Once it’s done I’ll try and find a place to make it available for anyone else who may want to download it.

daveinlax

Charter Member
May 5, 2009
WISCONSIN
I was a charter subscriber that will be nice. I know l’ve spent time in the davecave looking though years of issues looking for stuff. The only one I have memorized is the Castello issue with Dave Berg in the cover. P&T was a blessing and we were lucky to have had it. It was Dayton’s (RIP) passion project that got by supported by his other trade publications.
They even had an attempt at a Forum of sorts but it didn’t take off.
Yeah, I was active on there and it was a lot of fun. I still use their collection software and have paid to have had it transferred to a couple of computers after it stopped being supported. I’ve slowly started to back up the collection on Excel but the P&T Foundations software was perfect.

Reactions: romaso

romaso

Lifer
Dec 29, 2010
Pacific NW
Last edited:

woodsroad

Lifer
Oct 10, 2013
SE PA USA
I’m spending this Good Friday day off at home finally getting around to completing the Excel spreadsheet I created that serves as an index of every article in each volume of the now defunct P&T Magazine.

They used to have an .html version available on their website. I downloaded that years ago and began expanding upon it when they stopped updating it themselves. I’ve found that it’s come in handy over the years to search for things.

“Where was that article on coloring meerschaums?….oh yeah, Volume 8 Number 1 pages 34 and 36.”
”What about that Trial By Fire article on Gawith & Hoggarth tobaccos?…..Volume 12 Number 1 page 56.”

I have several more hours worth of work to go….might have to take a break and enjoy a pipe!

View attachment 299313
This is a truly exception thing that you are undertaking for the pipe smoking world. Thank you.