PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

Philosopiper

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 26, 2021
I haven’t yet caught the bug in my two years of smoking. I’ve got ~6 non-cobs but smoke one, and never really think about it. It’s nice, and I hope it stays that way.

Reactions: Egg Shen

NC TX ID pipeman

Part of the Furniture Now
Dec 25, 2021
North Carolina,Texas,Idaho
What really hurt my PAD was last year I tired to import a stunning pipe from Italy and FEDEX lost the package.

Almost more depressing than not getting the pipe for myself, is the thought that no-one else will ever get to smoke the pipe either, it's probably stuck in the corner of a warehouse indefinitely.
it hurts! who did you order it from Italy?I used to get a few in older days and they always arrived...Just got one from Ireland and it arrived in 11 days...

Reactions: AroEnglish

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
After several efforts at culling, I'm holding at about ninety pipes that I actually smoke and a few odd-ball items that are not collector pieces.

I buy only one pipe at a time. I winnow it down to four or five candidates and then choose one, sometimes trading in others for store credit to buy the one I want. I try to keep it slim.

So far most everything gets smoked and doesn't feel like clutter or storage. I'm happy when one comes around that I haven't smoked in a while, almost like a new pipe or a new estate. Maybe twenty percent or more were given to me as gifts, and two were won in contests.

I try to have PAD that I can moderate.

Egg Shen

Lifer
Nov 26, 2021
Pennsylvania
His stem bits always look a little odd in pictures - are they unique?
It is unique in that it has some texture to it but it feels like any other stem. It feels like vulcanite I’d say, though it is actually polyurethane, which I believe is an uncommon stem mater choice. And overall it’s a unique pipe, probably the weirdest one i own. It’s got crazy texture that’s hard to fully appreciate without a magnifying lens. I mean you would probably stare into this pipe for hours if you were on acid haha. There’s a million faces and canyons and stories in those patterns.

I had never heard of Brian before I began doing some casual window-shopping last week. He has like 3 other pipes I’m also pretty fond of, though I felt those were overpriced which saved me from buying them. They were roughly the same cost as this but with less going on, a bit more plain. Still, I think I’ll be keeping an eye out for new pipes in stock by this American pipe-smith. I like his take on things.

Egg Shen

Lifer
Nov 26, 2021
Pennsylvania
Just drill it youself...easy job on the straight stem..
It’s not just the hole to the bowl that doesn’t punch through, the stem itself has a draw that is about as wide as a pinhole so I’d have to bore out the whole stem to enlarged the opening diameter. And after that clean up that sloppy stain application on the inside of the bowl. I know it’s a $10 cob but this is pathetic. I’m assuming they’ll replace it for free it probably costs them $5 if they’re selling it for $10.

Reactions: NC TX ID pipeman

Egg Shen

Lifer
Nov 26, 2021
Pennsylvania
Soooo, I have 2 more in the mail, one I’m paying off with trade ins and a commission I’m working on. Then no more for a year 😂😇. Here are the ones in the email. A Yeti and a Bruce Weaver.
View attachment 234466View attachment 234467
I like the Yeti quite a bit. Yeti is another manufacturer I’d never really stumbled onto until last week. I may end up with one someday. Yours is similar to the one I was admiring.

Reactions: Ben.R.C

bluegrassbrian

Your Mom's Favorite Pipe Smoker
Aug 27, 2016
Louisville
It is unique in that it has some texture to it but it feels like any other stem. It feels like vulcanite I’d say, though it is actually polyurethane, which I believe is an uncommon stem mater choice. And overall it’s a unique pipe, probably the weirdest one i own. It’s got crazy texture that’s hard to fully appreciate without a magnifying lens. I mean you would probably stare into this pipe for hours if you were on acid haha. There’s a million faces and canyons and stories in those patterns.

I had never heard of Brian before I began doing some casual window-shopping last week. He has like 3 other pipes I’m also pretty fond of, though I felt those were overpriced which saved me from buying them. They were roughly the same cost as this but with less going on, a bit more plain. Still, I think I’ll be keeping an eye out for new pipes in stock by this American pipe-smith. I like his take on things.
I've definitely noticed the textures but in many pics it seems there's a notch at the corners of the bit, creating more of a "pair of lips" look.

If you get time, could you post a pic of the bit from a first person perspective like this -

image.jpg

Egg Shen

Lifer
Nov 26, 2021
Pennsylvania
I've definitely noticed the textures but in many pics it seems there's a notch at the corners of the bit, creating more of a "pair of lips" look.

If you get time, could you post a pic of the bit from a first person perspective like this -

View attachment 234469
It totally looks like a mouth looking back at me lol. It doesn’t bother me. I will add some pictures when I clear my deck of a deliverable that’s due today . Gotta earn that pipe $ haha

Reactions: Ben.R.C