SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Sep 18, 2015
I had noticed over the last month or two that the smoke time on one of my work pipes had significantly decreased and pipe cleaners would barely penetrate into the chamber, I do scrape the bowl with a blade at least once every other week, decided it was time to ream it, I was not expecting to get this much out of it!96D12404-248F-4C99-B6B1-D70448ABB6FD.jpeg

JackOrion

Can't Leave
Feb 3, 2023
West Yonkers California
I had noticed over the last month or two that the smoke time on one of my work pipes had significantly decreased and pipe cleaners would barely penetrate into the chamber, I do scrape the bowl with a blade at least once every other week, decided it was time to ream it, I was not expecting to get this much out of it!View attachment 219752
Carbon and ash mixed with superglue makes an incredibly hard substance. Good for fixing plastic items.

Jun 9, 2015
Mission, Ks
I've eyed those more than once. I collect a lot more knives than pipes... maybe I'll have to pick one up. Would you say the quality is on par with a good slipjoint pocket knife like a German made Boker or American Case or the old Old Timers?
If you want a really nice pipe knife at a low cost get a Rough Ryder pipe Doctor. A very well made knife for about $15, real bone scales.

I like my Roger’s pipe knives but the Pipe Doctor has a much more substantial blade with a beefier spine.

1ABD6CEB-76FB-46E7-A9FA-D7915A48EFC6.jpeg

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
I wipe out the bowl after ever smoke with an abrasive paper towel, so I don't have to ream. This maintains the diameter of the chamber and minimizes any carrying over of flavors.

If you like cake, cake is the way to go. But this alternative has been good for pipes over decades.

Davy

Can't Leave
Nov 22, 2022
Holllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllly cow! About time indeed!