PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

wellpipe

Lurker
Aug 14, 2019
Read of several others completing the transaction, getting the notice of a confirmed purchase, then getting double sale email...

Copy that - did not get through checkout fast enough on my first choice, got confirmed purchase on my second choice (Dark Smooth), got Double Sold email this morning. Very disappointing.

jiminy

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 27, 2017
Saskatchewan, Canada
My reaction to most of their offerings. At least they could put more of an attempt at putting a button on a stem.

View attachment 163633
Yeah that's sad. I have an Irish Seconds pipe that is better than that, but not by much. It is actually the only pipe I've had fall out of my mouth.

Not to mention most of their Fishtails feel like a tongue depressor.

I love the PLips though.
Never thought of it like that, but that's a pretty accurate description. Love their p-lips too, although I actually think that Savinelli makes the more comfortable acrylic version (at least what the tongue rests)

craig61a

Lifer
Apr 29, 2017
Minnesota USA
Copy that - did not get through checkout fast enough on my first choice, got confirmed purchase on my second choice (Dark Smooth), got Double Sold email this morning. Very disappointing.
And that's the trouble with a shopping cart (at least the way it's been implemented here) approach in this scenario.

Putting the item in the shopping cart doesn't reserve it. Once you get to checkout, the database is queried to see if the item is still available. During heavy load there will some latency.

There are different approaches to remedy this situation. Personally I would opt to make these sales instantaneously from the page were the item is as opposed to putting it in a shopping cart.

There are advantages and disadvantages to approaches used. Perhaps looking at the business model and determining how to handle sales on high demand objects in short periods of time and implementing those in software needs to be addressed.

Having this type of thing happen does nothing more than piss customers off and drive them away.

Reactions: Browny

irishearl

Lifer
Aug 2, 2016
Kansas
Dang, those pipes are even smaller than I realized. Just took another look at their dimensions and the ones I'm seeing list a chamber depth of under 1.3 inches. 1 of the pipes I recently sent to SP for sale is "Twain-ish-" an 11s and sent that off because I got tired of how shallow its bowl was. So, I definitely wouldn't have been happy with this pipe, though for years I lusted after a Twain and was unable to get 1. Just as well I never did apparently.;)

craig61a

Lifer
Apr 29, 2017
Minnesota USA
Dang, those pipes are even smaller than I realized. Just took another look at their dimensions and the ones I'm seeing list a chamber depth of under 1.3 inches. 1 of the pipes I recently sent to SP for sale is "Twain-ish-" an 11s and sent that off because I got tired of how shallow its bowl was. So, I definitely wouldn't have been happy with this pipe, though for years I lusted after a Twain and was unable to get 1. Just as well I never did apparently.;)
The few I looked at on the website had .77” x 1.26” or somewhere in that neighborhood.. 11s is around .75” x 1.5”.

So yeah, the Mark Twain is a little less than an 11s.

I like my 11s. If want sit longer I get out the ol’ 9s @ .83” x 1.61”…

Reactions: AroEnglish

irishearl

Lifer
Aug 2, 2016
Kansas
The few I looked at on the website had .77” x 1.26” or somewhere in that neighborhood.. 11s is around .75” x 1.5”.

So yeah, the Mark Twain is a little less than an 11s.

I like my 11s. If want sit longer I get out the ol’ 9s @ .83” x 1.61”…
Sent my 9s off to SP too because it wasn't deep enough for me.

Reactions: Piping Rooster

Piping Rooster

Can't Leave
Jun 29, 2022
Champa Bay
They're about the size of their 221/314 pipes which I'm a fan of. More than enough for a 45-60 min smoke depending on tobacco.

These areScreenshot_20220819-143026_Firefox.jpg the measurements of the 14b RUA I bought.