PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

skydog

Part of the Furniture Now
Jun 27, 2017
Decided to grab a 150. Been on a Bulldog kick for a while, especially Pete Bulldogs. And I always love a good sandblast.

002-029-105367_1.4289.jpg

002-029-105367.8343.jpg

HawkeyeLinus

Lifer
Oct 16, 2020
Iowa
Haha, going back and forth with @AroEnglish on chambers persuaded me to get an XL11 - (okay, and the XL16 I was going to get anyway). The announcement suggested Sherlock Holmes shapes and the release has me thinking they literally meant just the shapes and no actual “Sherlock” - if some actual Sherlocks show up I’ll send one of these back, depending on the shapes they offer. They are shameless promoters!

• Haha
Reactions: AroEnglish and Zero

AroEnglish

Lifer
Jan 7, 2020
Midwest
Haha, going back and forth with @AroEnglish on chambers persuaded me to get an XL11 - (okay, and the XL16 I was going to get anyway). The announcement suggested Sherlock Holmes shapes and the release has me thinking they literally meant just the shapes and no actual “Sherlock” - if some actual Sherlocks show up I’ll send one of these back, depending on the shapes they offer. They are shameless promoters!
Finally I can be the enabler and not the enabled muahahaha! 😈

proteus

Lifer
May 20, 2023
Connecticut (shade leaf tobacco country)
Just curious, what’s the issue?
To me I taste rubber in the smoke, I don't like to have to deal with oxidation and prevention, teeth marks and scratches, and it seems to come only in black. I really enjoy the Savinelli acrylics for aesthetics. The Oceano and the Miele line particularly. I've tried the vulcanite and after 35 years of pipes I just like the feel of acrylic and how durable and hard they are.

HawkeyeLinus

Lifer
Oct 16, 2020
Iowa
For me it's maintenance. I've got a bunch of the vulcanite Arans, etc. and they taste like sulphur if you don't keep them black. I've just got too many, may have someone make me acrylic stems for my favs and sell the rest.
I have a short I left in the cup holder of my wife’s vehicle a couple summers ago one sunny afternoon with the roof open, lol. Otherwise, mine just don’t see a lot of exposure to the elements so I’ve had good luck with the vulcanite on the Peres and other pipes, but I’m pretty careful about it for sure.

Reactions: Nevaditude and Zero

Bbailey324

Lifer
Jun 29, 2023
Austin, TX
I ended up picking up this B42.
Peterson_03.png
My first choice was a 268 but it sold before I got to checkout. Congratulations to whoever ends up with it.

Peterson_01.png

Edited to add:
This is my third Peterson in the last few months and second pipe purchase this week. This along with a few pounds of tobacco in the past 3 - 4 months. Somebody should come up with a name for this disorder...

Last edited: