Drucquers Banner

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

Jul 17, 2017
NV
pencilandpipe.home.blog
I have been admiring these for some time, especially the lovat, but I'm not really a fan of the newer Peterson rustication. The blast on this little apple somehow swayed me away from a lovat.

I picked it up from the post office last night, along with a few 2oz bags of bulks. One of those was C&D Pegasus. I'd never tried it before, but heard many good things about it. For a first bowl of a new to me blend, everything was quite pleasant. Well drilled, good open draw. The tobacco reminds me of a sweeter Haunted Bookshop. Quite enjoyable. My only complaint about the pipe is that there's a small gap between shank and stem with the tenon fully seated. I'll fix it. All in all, this'll make a perfect jacket pocket pipe.

002-029-109910.9989.jpg

AroEnglish

Lifer
Jan 7, 2020
Midwest
Those short apples have been tempting me too but I’m almost certain I’d find them too short. If they added 2cm to the stem length that would’ve been perfect but I’m sure it would’ve thrown off the look quite a bit.

Can you post some pics of the pipe beside a Czech tool?

Reactions: solideogloria86

didimauw

Staff member
Jul 28, 2013
Burlington WI
I have been admiring these for some time, especially the lovat, but I'm not really a fan of the newer Peterson rustication. The blast on this little apple somehow swayed me away from a lovat.

I picked it up from the post office last night, along with a few 2oz bags of bulks. One of those was C&D Pegasus. I'd never tried it before, but heard many good things about it. For a first bowl of a new to me blend, everything was quite pleasant. Well drilled, good open draw. The tobacco reminds me of a sweeter Haunted Bookshop. Quite enjoyable. My only complaint about the pipe is that there's a small gap between shank and stem with the tenon fully seated. I'll fix it. All in all, this'll make a perfect jacket pocket pipe.

View attachment 290252
I really like that series of pipe from Peterson. However I don't do black. That has turned me off of many pipes before. But the shapes and sizes of the junior series are perfect for me!

Jul 17, 2017
NV
pencilandpipe.home.blog
Those short apples have been tempting me too but I’m almost certain I’d find them too short. If they added 2cm to the stem length that would’ve been perfect but I’m sure it would’ve thrown off the look quite a bit.

Can you post some pics of the pipe beside a Czech tool?
I don't have any Czech tools at the moment, but here's a pic with a Bic for scale.

IMG20240222104700.jpg

AroEnglish

Lifer
Jan 7, 2020
Midwest
The Junior is right in my wheelhouse. It may also be worth noting that all 3 of these pipes have roughly the same chamber size. 0.75"x1.5" give or take 0.01"View attachment 290589
I think chamber size is right on but just a little too short (which I didn’t know could be a thing for me until recently).

I forget but is that bottom one a Musico? And weren’t your culling the herd a little while back? How many are you back up to?

Jul 17, 2017
NV
pencilandpipe.home.blog
I think chamber size is right on but just a little too short (which I didn’t know could be a thing for me until recently).

I forget but is that bottom one a Musico? And weren’t your culling the herd a little while back? How many are you back up to?
The bottom one is a Ryan Alden commission patterned after a Musico. The middle is a Musico.
I have a total of 5 briars. The other two are an Eltang poker my wife bought me for Christmas, and an Ascorti Christmas pipe my mother bought me for Christmas.

Reactions: BenMN

AroEnglish

Lifer
Jan 7, 2020
Midwest
The bottom one is a Ryan Alden commission patterned after a Musico. The middle is a Musico.
I have a total of 5 briars. The other two are an Eltang poker my wife bought me for Christmas, and an Ascorti Christmas pipe my mother bought me for Christmas.
Ah right. Thanks for the reminder.

Reactions: BenMN
Jul 17, 2017
NV
pencilandpipe.home.blog
I can't believe I forgot to mention the pre republic Peterson system 314 I have also! I've got it packed up to send to Briarville for a full restoration. I keep forgetting to mail it off. 😅

Reactions: AroEnglish