PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Bassman65

Can't Leave
Nov 30, 2022
Canada
Hey all, Happy New Year!

I love my Peterson lighter, however, when refilling with Xikar fuel, a great deal escapes. Has anyone found a solution to this problem? A tip that works properly?

Thanks.

doccaliban

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 14, 2014
Pacific Northwest
Looking at the Peterson lighters.... are they the same as the IM Coronas? The ones I'm seeing look almost identical. Or is that just a common design?

revnatorade

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 4, 2024
North Florida
Hey all, Happy New Year!

I love my Peterson lighter, however, when refilling with Xikar fuel, a great deal escapes. Has anyone found a solution to this problem? A tip that works properly?

Thanks.
They are great lighters. Mine doesn't start to leak until it gets full. Much like the Gas nozel when filling up a car, once you hit full it starts coming back out.
Which one do you own? I've got the green one with the pipe shapes on it.

kcghost

Lifer
May 6, 2011
Olathe, Kansas
I don't how this is happening. After bleeding the line to remove extra air in the light, then put in 3-4 shots of the fluid. A shot is about 2 seconds on having the butane entering the lighter.

revnatorade

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 4, 2024
North Florida
I don't how this is happening. After bleeding the line to remove extra air in the light, then put in 3-4 shots of the fluid. A shot is about 2 seconds on having the butane entering the lighter.
That's odd. I have no clue why that would happen. It might need to go in for a repair.

Reactions: kcghost