Peterson Old Dublin

SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

I'm only a year and a half into this but I just found my jar of Peterson Old Dublin in the back of way too many open jars and I lit it up in a Savinelli Prince. I remember enjoying it when I first opened the tin 8 months or so ago. I think the tin is from 2019-2020. Anyway, this is quite nice. VERY creamy in the mouth. It feels like I ate a piece of Wagyu beef and my mouth is coated with fat. The creamiest blend I have had thus far. I also get nice light latakia and a bit of baking spice (clove nutmeg) but what really hits me is the nuttiness. Like a mouthful of walnuts. Some earthiness and mushrooms as well. Maybe a bit of leather. Very little sweetness - this is definitely savory to me. I am liking this.

Last edited:

HawkeyeLinus

Lifer
Oct 16, 2020
Iowa
I feel guilty - I had a tin, and tried some and it’s the only tobacco yet tried that went straight to the bin, lol. The only other I can think of that put me off that much was Dunhill Apertif which I’ve held onto to try again (have a couple of aged tins in reserve but I fear for their safety).

Tastes are so different!

Reactions: OSOBUCO

I'm halfway through the bowl now and the mushroom seems to be intensifying and now more sweetness is coming out. Latakia is still the same and the spice is a bit muted maybe due to the sweetness. Nuttiness is still there.

One weird things as I go deeper I am getting a hint of asparagus! I love asparagus so it's cool with me but so unexpected!

OH and my wife hates the room note - LOL

Last edited:

FLDRD

Lifer
Oct 13, 2021
Arkansas
I'm only a year and a half into this but I just found my jar of Peterson Old Dublin in the back of way too many open jars and I lit it up in a Savinelli Prince. I remember enjoying it when I first opened the tin 8 months or so ago. I think the tin is from 2019-2020. Anyway, this is quite nice. VERY creamy in the mouth. It feels like I ate a piece of Wagyu beef and my mouth is coated with fat. The creamiest blend I have had thus far. I also get nice light latakia and a bit of baking spice (clove nutmeg) but what really hits me is the nuttiness. Like a mouthful of walnuts. Some earthiness and mushrooms as well. Maybe a bit of leather. Very little sweetness - this is definitely savory to me. I am liking this.
When I tried it a year ago around this time, I quickly went through 2 tins and bought several to put back for later. It was around the same time I tried Nightcap as well. Both are good to me, both unique. Have more of both.

Piping Abe

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 27, 2021
Georgia, USA
Spot on description. Very good blend. While I am not an English smoker, I enjoyed my time with it and highly recommend it

Coreios

Lifer
Sep 23, 2022
United States Of America
I'm halfway through the bowl now and the mushroom seems to be intensifying and now more sweetness is coming out. Latakia is still the same and the spice is a bit muted maybe due to the sweetness. Nuttiness is still there.

One weird things as I go deeper I am getting a hint of asparagus! I love asparagus so it's cool with me but so unexpected!

OH and my wife hates the room note - LOL
My wife hates that room note too. That's the only reason I still smoke it. I got tired of it a while back. 😂

vates

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 16, 2019
Another great English blend from Peterson-proper line is "Wild Atlantic". The mixture is rather scruffy but the taste is oh so good.