Drucquers Banner

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Davy

Can't Leave
Nov 22, 2022
For those who recently bought a Peterson, you might have noticed a new addition in the box: their 1 year guarantee against any manufacturing or material defect.
They also give the buyer advice to maintain the guarantee in good standing. :sher:
I found that little flyer included in the box for my new SH Dark Smooth Strand.

anotherbob

Lifer
Mar 30, 2019
In the semi-rural NorthEastern USA
They seem to be cleaning up their act ever since Laudisi acquired them. I may give them another chance in the future. I haven’t had the best of luck with the brand in the past so I’ve steered clear.
Both of mine which are since Laudisi bought them are great. Funny I was thinking they should include more info with their pipes especially the system pipes. I read how to properly care for one and gosh darn it it does make a difference. The pipe went from really good to great just with slightly different handling. Basically dump the ash by pouring out the well by tilting it mortise end first and don't put the stem back in until you're ready to smoke it.

OzPiper

Lifer
Nov 30, 2020
Sydney, Australia
They seem to be cleaning up their act ever since Laudisi acquired them. I may give them another chance in the future. I haven’t had the best of luck with the brand in the past so I’ve steered clear.
I steered clear of buying a new Peterson for a while because of the complaints of quality issues.
I have bought several in the past couple of years - absolutely no problems with them except for one where the quality of the vulcanite stem left a lot to be desired.
I put it down to left over stock (from the previous regime) as subsequent purchases have been fine.

HawkeyeLinus

Lifer
Oct 16, 2020
Iowa
My experience with new Petersons only goes back a little over two and one-half years and I've had good luck with all but one that was a consistent stain bleeder for awhile. Just got some new ones in the past week and although I'm still prohibited from using them (sigh) the externals and internals are great. I did send one off for a custom stem and she sent me a pic over the weekend showing the mortise hadn't quite been finished (kind of a "hangnail") so I guess that was an issue, but minor.

I've removed the coating from all of mine before using the first time and have seen some mixed results on removal - usually stain that made its way into the chamber but was going to be covered by the coating near the top, but few and far between, same with random drill marks. I don't really care, as I said, minor things overall and I like to see the bare wood in the chamber.

Reactions: Jbyrd and kcghost