PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

timelord

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 30, 2017
Gallifrey
Dad's home made Rhubarb pie was always a Sunday highlight when Rhubarb was in season. Actually, he used to make two at a time because only Dad and I could eat one which had very little sugar in it; the rest of the family had the other one which we found far to sweet.

Perhaps I should explain that Dad and I would also eat Gooseberries straight off the bush; I was the only member of the family who would touch one of his Gooseberry Pies.

Dec 10, 2013
Nijmegen, the Netherlands
Dad's home made Rhubarb pie was always a Sunday highlight when Rhubarb was in season. Actually, he used to make two at a time because only Dad and I could eat one which had very little sugar in it; the rest of the family had the other one which we found far to sweet.

Perhaps I should explain that Dad and I would also eat Gooseberries straight off the bush; I was the only member of the family who would touch one of his Gooseberry Pies.
Nothing goes better than an oldfashioned, homemade, not too sweet gooseberry jam.
Sadly not so much appreciated anymore this end of the world.

• Love
Reactions: timelord

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
For a short time the fresh ingredients to make strawberry rubarb pie are at hand. Always look forward to this great desert.
Awesome! Favorite dish as a kid, homemade, hot out of the oven. Maybe a scoop of Vanilla ice cream. Now drooling, don't think I can find locally.

Reactions: timelord