PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

simong

Lifer
Oct 13, 2015
UK
Occasionally I might roll one by very finely shaving down a Warrior Plug so that it is the consistency fine hair but the resulting gasper is a skinny looking fella. I prefer my pipe and just don't enjoy the smell of cigarettes unless its Old Holborn or something even more exotic.
Warrior Whiffs??? Mein Gott!!!
5D9C0299-E405-4086-B62B-D4A7852EEDD3.gif
Think the strongest RYO I used to enjoy was the old ‘Van Nelle’ back in the 90’s. Wills’s Three Castles was excellent but disappeared not long after I started smoking. My favourite roll up was Old Holborn in licourice papers. Haven’t had a fag for twenty years now & I don’t miss them, miss the odd roly though.

damacene

Lurker
Jul 31, 2022
I have the occasional cigarette, either PS Turkish Export or Dunhill Red. My doctor put me on Wellbutrin awhile back so I don't really get nicotine cravings anymore, but I think I'm still a little psychologically addicted. Feels great though with the morning coffee before dawn.

woodsroad

Lifer
Oct 10, 2013
SE PA USA
I smoked cigs for a bit in the 80's, mostly when drinking in a bar. I'll still have one on occasion, but it's been a while now. Last time was several years ago after the West Coast Pipe Show. Mark Ryan gave me a pack of his wonderful cigarellos. None since. A pipe does it for me. More flavor, better aroma, no falling ashes, no butts, no inhaling.

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
When I get up and get my first cup of coffee I will smoke a Camel Blue 99. I then smoke my pipes through the day and then after dinner I will have another Camel. When I am done smoking my pipes for the day and night I will have 1 or 2 more Camels before I go to sleep.
The no filters and wides are my favorites. Probably why I prefer straight oriental pipe tobacco.

anotherbob

Lifer
Mar 30, 2019
In the semi-rural NorthEastern USA
I smoked cigs for years mainly Drum until that got sold and started to suck. Then it was American Spirits rolling tobacco. And now it's been decades and the difference is amazing. Frankly even if pipes would end my life on the same day smoking cigs would, I'd still consider the pipe significantly healthier because my lungs don't hurt when I run now it's just my knees.

skydog

Part of the Furniture Now
Jun 27, 2017
I dipped a can a day for a few years before getting hooked on cigs for almost 15 years. Always enjoyed the occasional chew, pipe, or cigar but was mainly a cigarette smoker. I quit for good about 6 years ago and don't really enjoy cigarettes anymore since I'd rather smoke a pipe. I still occasionally chew and smoke cigars and rarely have a dip. Always enjoyed the Camel Lights that then became the Camel Blue. They just don't do it for me anymore though.

vosBghos

Lifer
May 7, 2022
Idaho
Switched to pipe after quitting cigs for like 6 years, now I break the filters off American Spirit blacks when I’m super busy and can’t make it to my pipe , especially traveling , but if I’m in a hurry 5 bros in a cob is a quick Nic fix , smokes easy and fast even in the wind and rain good Nic hit

Scottishgaucho

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 22, 2020
Buenos Aires Province.
Been smoking both cigs and the pipe for 50 years as I like doing both....along with the odd cigar. I've tried and failed to stop smoking cigarettes several times over the years. I have no plans on stopping now. I rarely smoke the pipe when I'm out and about so the cigs keep me going. Has to be said a pack of cigarettes here are ridiculously cheap compared to the likes of the UK. I can buy a carton for less than the price of one packet in the UK....and they're decent quality as well!! 👍

PurePipes

Lurker
Jan 13, 2022
Love pipes. Always hated fags. Started to appreciate cigars only recently (under 5 years). Currently I'm considering cigarillos for those really short smokes.

Cigarillos are good, I always have a lot in my car in an airtight container, but don't expect the same awesome flavor as your favorite regular sized cigar. They're good for the car though. Actually so are the General Grant cigars....so there's that too.

Reactions: JOHN72 and bullet08