Pipe Bits for Sissies (or With a Latex Allergy)

SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Don_Muertos

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 1, 2023
Nicaragua
Title edited. See Rule 9, please

I'm one of those sissies. I wear dentures 😁, so having a bit on my pipe is pretty dang handy for clamping and keeping my bottom arch in. I've been using 8mm silicone bits for reusable straws and cutting them into pipe size bits. This size works well on 6mm filtered stems. 9mm filter stems need the 12.2/13mm straw bits. If this information interests you I'm sure you can figure up what size your 3mm and stinger stems need. I recomend using a sharp kitchen knife and a suare so you don't fixate on the thing when your trying to enjoy a smoke.

Last edited by a moderator:

Sobrbiker

Lifer
Jan 7, 2023
Casa Grande, AZ
That company can't even fit a 9mm peg properly. Seriously, china thinks a peg should be sized at 0.351-0.357" when 9mm filters are 0.322-0.334". Acccesories make me really worried.
Even though they’re Chinese, and the purity of the silicone may be questionable-if the description says “9mm” then it is an accurate description (9mm=.354”).

Reactions: Don_Muertos

Don_Muertos

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 1, 2023
Nicaragua
R
I’ll need to try some of the 8&12mm ones-I can’t stand the taste of the live rubber softee bits I bought.
I'll have to take another look at those bits. If my lips swell up, it's your fault😜

Right on! You got a "might stick around" too. We're not allowed to talk about the nature of moderation but we tagged by moderation when they moderate us. As Steeb Draengus would say "
1675436485201.png"

I appreciate your handle. I'm an O'Doul's (I prefer Well Being, Just The Haze or IP[N]A) schwilling maniac that thinks throttle position is calibrated in on or off. I build a Harley every once in while for myself. Then smoke everyone in town and sell it for way more than it's worth. Not that they're better machines, I just build 'em to run WFO. Folks don't relize it requires a loose screw over the tank. I learned Harley's (geny and cone cases) while working for a couple sober bikers. I'm switching to aeroplanes before I hurt myself again.