PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

SunriseBoy

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 18, 2021
Toowoomba
Thank you for the recipe !
For cobs or briar ?
We are talking pipe cement here, not chamber coating, right ?
Yeah, for cobs. I can't say anything about the effectiveness on briar as I've never used it for that.
It ought to work just as well, but I'm not an authority on that.

Annaresti Red

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 20, 2021
Concord, CA
www.tobaccoreviews.com
A while back I was chasing pipe mud, and had to give up because Scott over at Atristocob has apparently pulled th e plug and doesn't want any contact from people like me...after a few emails to him, I "got the message" when they went unanswered.
Tried the pipe ash trick. Very ground up. Very fine. Did two cobs and the result was miserable.
So, I'll use Mike's recipe, from over at Canerod Piper. I should have used that first up. Great recipe. Great result.
1 gram of Plaster of Paris.
.6 of a gram of activated charcoal.
.5 of a gram of salt.
I go a fraction less with the NaCl. Get a fair amount of humidity here. And Mike said that might be a wise decision.
The last time I used it, the result was ten out of ten!
So, I should have proceeded with what I knew worked, and worked well.
It is another case of "Captain Vacant Brain" strikes again!

Just used this will report back soon. I used a touch to much water, so that might be a problem.

SunriseBoy

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 18, 2021
Toowoomba
Just used this will report back soon. I used a touch to much water, so that might be a problem.
I found that in this humid weather here, in Queensland, I had to back off on the salt. I'm going to use .4 of a gram, and see how that fares.
The last two I did they didn't harden up well at all. So, I figured I'd ease up on the salt a bit.
I'm doing one tomorrow.
Will keep you posted.