PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

expatpipe

Can't Leave
Dec 31, 2010
dsc009711-600x450.jpg

Found this little pipe rack in an antique shop, new in the box with a Savinelli made in Milano stamp on the bottom. I also picked up two more small ones, still waiting on one in the mail. three small ones should work fine. I put aside the cabinet idea for now. Someday though..

expatpipe

Can't Leave
Dec 31, 2010
If I had a better camara I'd take a pic. Imagine a rubber strip running the length. In this rubber strip is cut slits. ____(_)_(_)_(_)____ kinda like that. pretty primitive but works great. Not really rubber but a rubber like material.

expatpipe

Can't Leave
Dec 31, 2010
no no, I'd don't own a Savinelli pipe,(yet):(. the Rack is Stamped Savinelli, made in Milano underneath.

directshot

Might Stick Around
Dec 22, 2010
New guy here.... the elusive perfect pipe rack / cabinet hunt has been ongoing for over the past six months as my pipe population grows. All of your pictures and suggestions are greatly appreciated.... this is the reason I joined this forum!!

For me it is coming down to possibly building my own to get what I want. Have set a couple of goals to get out of the rack / cabinet. Foremost is to display my pipes so I can view and enjoy the one's not being smoked.

dtallan

Lurker
Jan 10, 2011
I have a couple of racks. The main rack I had Tony Newbury build a few years back. You see it here on my Grandfather's desk. The second on my desk I picked up at an antique shop a few years ago.
Dave
PipeRack-1.jpg

PipeRack2-1.jpg

bowhatchie

Part of the Furniture Now
Sep 27, 2010
Dave ....Nice rack and looks to be a wonderful collection of pipes....Very handsome indeed..

expatpipe

Can't Leave
Dec 31, 2010
Been doing alright in the little pipe rack hunt :D got this one at auction for under 13 dollars, art deco pipe stand.
art-deco-pipe-stand-600x439.jpg

I also got this 1940's pipe stand for under 50 cents! it cleaned up a lot nicer than the pic shows too.
115547634_1-450x600.jpg

yoru

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 5, 2011
I just keep all my pipes laying int he open boxes from smokingpipes.com -- 2 are Peterson and 1 is their own. Oh and those 7 Ukrainian things got tossed in a drawer for occasional smoking in the future. Err.. 6, I broke one trying to take the metal out (I err...didn't try that twice). But I got 7 more of them still in the post -- (yay?) it was an impulse buy...it was cheap and I only spend my entertainment budget twice a year -- the result? About 20% of my budget gets blown on nonsense. By my count that's still lower than normal spending habits.
Plus I get bigger toys. Heh heh.

Status
Not open for further replies.