PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

BenMN

Lifer
Jun 21, 2023
St. Paul, MN
1: I tend to actively smoke a handful of pipes. Maybe 5 or less. Every once in a while, after anywhere from 10 to 30 smokes, I'll deep clean one and put her back to rest. Then bring in another

2: about 20, plus 2 cobs. They all get their turn.

3: I feel I'm in a pretty good spot at 20+. Very intentional about purchases at this point. Could probably get by just fine with 5 + 2 cobs.

• Love
Reactions: rsshreck32

G-beard

Lurker
Nov 20, 2023
1) Don't really have a rotation. I try to move through all of them equally, but really just pick what strikes me in the moment. My meer is probably the only one that definitively gets a disproportionate number of bowls, but that is just because I want to color it more.

2) 50-60

3) One more than the current number owned.

Cloozoe

Part of the Furniture Now
Sep 1, 2023
I have 33. I regularly (but not equally) smoke about 20 of them. Once I get around to it I'll move the other 13 along.

I like having a nice variety so while I might only "need" a few, functionally speaking, that ain't gonna happen. I'm good with 20-30 give or take. I'm limited by what I want in a pipe--comfortably clenchable, little to no excess (again, from a functional perspective) wood, ebonite stem--so beyond 20-30 I would just find myself with a bunch more bent billiards and dublins not a heck of a lot different from the ones I already have.

Apr 26, 2012
Washington State
Rotation - I'd like to think all of my pipes are in the rotation; however, some get smoked way less than others. Some not at all. Realistically, I'd say about 15 get smoked regularly.

Owned - currently sits at 42, but I'm in the process of selling off several.

Enough - I'd say 4 is enough, (1 meerschaum, 1 corn cob, and 2 briars), if you're only calculating what is needed to get by.

john19

Part of the Furniture Now
Nov 27, 2021
Greece
1: Now I don't smoke a pipe every day. And when I smoke, I smoke 1 bowl a day (sometimes 2 bowls). So at the moment i use 1-2 pipes.

2: I am newbie in pipe smoking. Started to smoke pipe on November 2021 (2,5 years now). I have this 6 pipes:

Stanwell de luxe 15 rustic (This is my first pipe), for Burley/Kentucky blends.
IMG_20211129_025650.jpg

Savinelli St. Nicholas 2022 320KS for English/Balkan/Latakia blends.
IMG_20230401_174426.jpg

Greek Alexander bend billiard with hygrocool system for Aromatics blends.
611-01-bd (4).jpg

Savinelli Alligator 606KS for All Around pipe and for any genre blends.
61HiTJ1v3LL.jpg

Greek Alexander bend Dublin for All Around pipe and for any genre blends.
bent-dublin-124a (2).jpg

Greek Alexander bend Billiard for All Around pipe and for any genre blends.
bent-billiard-80rα.jpg

In the last three pipes, i smoke any kind of blends.

3: How many pipes i think is enough? There is no answer for this. You will never stop wanting more pipes.