PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

guylesss

Can't Leave
May 13, 2020
Brooklyn, NY
Is it just me? I cannot even get the site to load the past ten days. White--but trying to reload (on one laptop, Safari, and Verizon). And one of those "certificate" not valid warnings using another. I've done all the usual things (trying other browsers, clearing catches, restarting my computer). And no, no other website I visit regularly is behaving strangely.

I wrote to Steve early this morning-- who, in addition to disavowing ALL knowledge of the tech side of the website, told me I was the only complaint he'd gotten. Accordingly, I am now particularly curious to know if I'm alone. Or if not, who else is having similar issues.

georged

Lifer
Mar 7, 2013
Just now tried. Connected instantly, all looked and behaved normally. 👍

I suspect Steve just doesn't like you... :(

(A Texas vs NYC thing from Steve's childhood, maybe?)

d4k23

Can't Leave
Mar 6, 2018
Texas
I have had issues too trying to access this morning at 10 and last week sometime. By the time it did work, all the good tobacco was sold out...so maybe it's my firewall telling me to keep my money.

Reactions: guylesss

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
My PC, my only device, refuses to open many web sites, probably needing updates on its security software. For example, I can't access the Missouri Meerschaum website from our sponsor link or when entered directly, among other commonly accessed websites that are blocked.

My point isn't my pitiful tech skills, but just the fact that this happens. I'll haul it over to the tech shop one of these days, but I hesitate for fear I'll buy a new PC. I like PC's precisely because I don't haul it around, so I'm not "wearing it on a chain around my neck," as more portable devices can be. Said the curmudgeon.

But you ain't alone.

Reactions: guylesss

HawkeyeLinus

Lifer
Oct 16, 2020
Iowa
It was wonky from one of the links, so I just accessed it again immediately a different way and it was perfect. Patience! Of course, that was at 9am and I forgot to check in at 10, lol. Steve does a good job of letting folks know what is going on and who gives a crap about “disavowing”.