PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

nsfisher

Lifer
Nov 26, 2011
Nova Scotia, Canada
Curious if any one here has one of these Porshe pipes and if so, are they any good?
http://www.ebay.ca/itm/Porsche-Design-Titanium-907-Pipe-New-Box-Retail-425-/350527568764?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item519d123b7c

tokerpipes

Lifer
Jan 16, 2012
Eatonville, WA
I am not sure if you should smoke it or drive it? And the price is gag to rich for my blood. But my question is will it improve the performance of my isuzu pup with it hanging out of my mouth.

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
Crazy prices, which explains why I can't recall any owners posting on the usual pipe forum threads. The US version of Top Gear showed the pipe on one episode, but they were just goofing with them, one guy actually dropped his on the floor (made me wince, knowing the price).

majilton

Might Stick Around
Jan 18, 2012
saw these the other day on line i thought cool smart pipes until i saw the price of them.Would i buy one no i think i could get better pipes and more for the same price i havent seen anyone wiith one yet

bigvan

Lifer
Mar 22, 2011
A subtle but important distinction... it's by Porsche Design, not Porsche Motors. It has nothing to do with the car maker other than a common ancestor.

mluyckx

Lifer
Dec 5, 2011
Texas
All I know is that they are made at the Royal Dutch Pipe factory owned by Gubbels. They also make the Big Ben pipes and (since 1980) the Hilson pipes. Their website is http://www.bigben.nl
How come I know... I've been hunting down old Hilsons and this popped up in my history research.
The new Hilson pipes made by Gubbels start in the low 100's or just below and have a solid reputation. Not top of the line, but solid, good pipes. Their top of the line ones are really nice. I don't know about Big Ben. My old Hilsons (pre-1980) are great smokers.
Would I buy this ? Heck no ! If I dropped this kind of money on a pipe, it better be an Ardor, Radice or a top-line Pete or Savinelli ! :crazy:

tokerpipes

Lifer
Jan 16, 2012
Eatonville, WA
So does any other automotive company have tobacco pipes? Next we will have to includ them on out auto insurance policy. Oh don't forget to get the GAP insurance when you make your purchase.

maxpeters

Can't Leave
Jan 4, 2010
I've owned two at different times. The original Porshe design had a larger bowl with fins around the circumfrence, and was supposedly effective in cooling the bowl, but it wasn't that popular, and was replaced by the newer design.

Both of mine were of the newer design, and neither did anything towrds cooling the bowl. They just looked cool I thought. I have since sold both of them, and consider them as only a gimick.

uberam3rica

Lifer
Sep 7, 2011
Capac, Michigan
On pipesandcigars.com they're almost $500 new.If I could afford to spend almost $500 on one pipe I would, but seeing as I cant i wont. They're nice looking pipes, but they're way too expensive for me

juni

Lifer
Mar 9, 2010
The black one does look sort of cool, but are way too pricey and gimmicky. (says he who got a Porshe lighter)

oakbear

Might Stick Around
Dec 27, 2011
UK
I really like the look of these, but agree that for that price there's plenty of other pipes i'd rather purchase.
That Bugatti one is hideous! Metal casing?!

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
That Bugatti is one strange bird. I don't know anyone who has one of these either, good find Uberamerica!
pipes-cigars-tobacco_2195_35582191

I suppose if you dropped $1 mil on a Bugatti Veyron, you have to have a brand pipe. I saw a Bugatti Veyron last night in Scranton PA, well,........ on the movie screen of Mission Impossible!
I just noticed that one is $100 off, so a deal. I'm going up there on Monday, I want to see the look on their eye when I ask to see that pipe....

Status
Not open for further replies.