PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
I'll second the Savinelli 122. I have it in the Aurelia series, which may not be available, but it is one of their standard shapes.

This is also available in the sub-brand Rossi as an 8122 in their Rossi Sera series for a reasonable $64. The only difference I detect between Savinelli and Rossi pipes are the more elaborate finishes on the Savinelli's, but the smoking characteristics seem to be equally good, and the shapes are essentially the same.

Last edited:

OzPiper

Lifer
Nov 30, 2020
Sydney, Australia
If you don’t mind estates, pots pop up frequently on EBay
For some reason they don’t seem as popular as other shapes, so prices tend lower.

Do have a look at the chamber dimensions.
A lot of “pots” may be pot-shaped, but e cause of thick walls their chambers are of billiard dimension.

Reactions: Doctor Chopper
Nov 20, 2022
Wisconsin
If you don’t mind estates, pots pop up frequently on EBay
For some reason they don’t seem as popular as other shapes, so prices tend lower.

Do have a look at the chamber dimensions.
A lot of “pots” may be pot-shaped, but e cause of thick walls their chambers are of billiard dimension.
I don't mind estates, but I want to get a deal on a used pipe. It seems as if there is not much of a discount these days on estate pipes.

kcghost

Lifer
May 6, 2011
Olathe, Kansas
Doug Finlay makes a nice pot. Look at blueroombriars.com/collections/dwf-pipes/products/doug-finlay-pipe-ring-tall-pot-with-nickel