PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

rmbittner

Lifer
Dec 12, 2012
We are child-free, so I’m unqualified to offer parenting advice, but my wife and I love the Disney parks. And I would have thought that 4 would be awfully young to enjoy the park.

Good luck!

atwaterville

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 15, 2021
Los Angeles, CA
I took my son to Disneyland when he's about 3, pre-Covid. He really enjoyed Mickey's Toontown, the submarine, and the jungle cruise. Most of other popular rides are, of course, not suitable for younger toddlers. Make sure to bring or rent a stroller as their little legs will get tired fast from all the walking and standing in lines.

jguss

Lifer
Jul 7, 2013
Make sure to bring or rent a stroller as their little legs will get tired fast from all the walking and standing in lines.
Absolutely! We visited the parks many times as the kids were growing up and always had one or more strollers. Even older kids get tired and cranky waiting in long lines in hot humid weather. Hell, I would have climbed in a stroller too if I thought it would handle my weight.

bullet08

Lifer
Nov 26, 2018
RTP, NC. USA
Disney World or Land? Only been to Disney World, more than I need to. Hit all their top tier restaurants is my only suggestion. My boys loved it both times. When they were 6 and 3, and when they were teenagers. Planning to hit the place again before I can't walk any more. Just a magical place (not really, but sounds harmless enough).

Reactions: JOHN72 and shanez

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Stroller yes, and a few small toys, light weight kids' books for waiting in line, and portable snacks. When you wish upon a star. I've been to Orlando years ago, but never to Anaheim, though it was offered as a destination during the one liberty granted near the end of Navy boot camp, to decompress. I'd had enough of Mickey Mouse by then, so to speak.

Reactions: JOHN72 and shanez

Zack Miller

Part of the Furniture Now
Dec 13, 2020
Fort Worth, Texas
I got into Disneyland free in 1991. During the summer after Desert Storm it was free for all active duty. I took my two daughters. We went to the Polynesian restaurant in Adventureland for dinner where they were having a floor show. We were way in the back when I felt a hand on mine. I looked up and there was this smoking hot Wahine. She pulled me up and led me to a dressing room inside this giant fake rock. Next thing I know, I’m onstage as Princess Kamanawannaleia complete with grass skirt and coconut bra. After we danced she gave me a very nice kiss. Her day job was as an airline stewardess for Hawaiian Airlines. CF110580-F477-400E-96A0-FE6A96902654.jpeg

anotherbob

Lifer
Mar 30, 2019
In the semi-rural NorthEastern USA
My daughter turns 4 in a little under 2 weeks from now so we're taking her to Disneyland today.

I'm preparing to enter the park with child the best way possible:

View attachment 201632

I did get time last night to enjoy a nice relaxing Baccarat cigar outside the hotel last night.
I just figured out why I drink less then other people my age. When I go to Disneyland I don't have to worry about losing anyone or worry too much about what Goofy might be up to.

shanez

Lifer
Jul 10, 2018
Las Vegas
Disney World or Land? Only been to Disney World, more than I need to. Hit all their top tier restaurants is my only suggestion. My boys loved it both times. When they were 6 and 3, and when they were teenagers. Planning to hit the place again before I can't walk any more. Just a magical place (not really, but sounds harmless enough).
Land.

Reactions: bullet08

briarbuck

Lifer
Nov 24, 2015
The best advice I ever got was...go left.

If given the option to go either right or left, almost 70% of Americans will go right. If you go left, the lines are smaller.

Been there 5x and it is true.

Reactions: shermnatman

shanez

Lifer
Jul 10, 2018
Las Vegas
This was her 4th or 5th trip there. Before she was too little to really enjoy it or the rides but now she's really getting into it. A stroller is a must have but even with one my back was done by the end of the day from carrying her so much.

She fell asleep in the stroller on the way out of the park. We bought her a blanket and then had a nice pizza (and a much needed Woodford Reserve bourbon double) at Downtown Disney before heading back to the hotel.

Many of the rides are the same or almost the same as when I went there around 40 years ago. Next time we go I'm going to try to recreate a picture of my father and I but with her and I.

Reactions: HawkeyeLinus

Pipeoff

Part of the Furniture Now
Jun 22, 2021
Western New York
I have no desire to take my grand kids to the park let alone drop some $. Lately Disney produces mostly junk monster crap and supports even more scary political views.

HawkeyeLinus

Lifer
Oct 16, 2020
Iowa
I was at Disney World in high school (yawn, lol, but we went mostly for my little sister and my folks let me run free all day) and then took our girls when they were young. Still feel guilty we never got back since the youngest really didn't sustain many memories at all, poor thing. She was a week short of turning 3 and she was free, haha, and she had a good time but mostly we don't reminisce around her.

At that time, some 20+ years ago, we actually enjoyed all things Sea World much more and our oldest really liked the safari thing at Disney World - she got to see live Cheetahs - a huge deal for her.

A couple of nights in Nashville and seeing Riders in the Sky at the Ryman Auditorium was the highlight for me and there was a huge civil war/State museum nearby downtown and the oldest was also thrilled it had mummies (no idea why they were there other than some guy from Tennessee probably raided a tomb, but they were a feature).

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
It's a different sort of trip, but National Parks can be terrific for kids. Mammoth Cave and The Blue Ridge Parkway for examples. The Park lodges are well kept and not outrageously priced, and kids can see the real-life attractions and come up with fantasies of their own creation.

Reactions: atwaterville