Status
Not open for further replies.

juozapas

Can't Leave
Aug 18, 2010
Barrie,Ontario,CANADA
Just got back my Zippo.

Beautiful job, ready to go again...

This is how a company lasts for decades and decades !!

Customer service and appreciation never fails.

My hats off to you... :clap: :worship:

I live in Canada...4 weeks and free service !!

YOU ROCK ZIPPO !!!
Zippo003.jpg

Zippo020.jpg

Zippo001.jpg

Zippo002.jpg

Zippo014.jpg

Zippo005.jpg

Zippo004.jpg

Zippo005.jpg

schmitzbitz

Lifer
Jan 13, 2011
Port Coquitlam, B.C.
I have to say that I am simply blown-away that despite having closed the Canadian repair facility, they still take the time to provide the literature in French; not often you see that from a U.S. company, particularly since they don't have to adhere to our dual-language laws.

Jul 15, 2011
I dont know if they still do this or not, but back in the day, my father sent some zippos off for repair. They came back with a prepaid return envelope in case it needed to be sent off again, and attached to the envelope on a little chain was a penny. Zippo said that this was "the cent never spent" to repair your zippo. Its a nifty idea and I agree. Zippo is tops!

Jul 12, 2011
I have both old boy and two zippo pipe lighters (black and chrome) agree with hob

On refills but man in a good wind, these things rock!

juozapas

Can't Leave
Aug 18, 2010
Barrie,Ontario,CANADA
The "insert" was really "caked" with residue. I probably could have cleaned it myself but since they offered this service, I figured to get the job professionally done. They put in a new insert, with all the fixings, and also tightend the hindge. I will only be using authentic Zippo fuel from now on. I believe this might have caused the residue issues. Zippo fuel is highly refined and it does not smell like kerosene...

Thanks for all the feedback, and I highly recommend this company. :worship:

antipodesman

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 25, 2011
Vancouver Island
I picked up what I thought was a Zippo at a Goodwill store for $2. It wasn't until I looked more closely at home that I noticed it was made in Austria and is called a Champ. It won't take my butane insert and only has a regular non-pipe insert. Guess I can't send it to Zippo :|

fullbent

Can't Leave
May 6, 2011
I used to carry a zippo, but it,my keysa pocket knife,and my money!? To much! A bit bulkyplus I burned the piss out of my leg with it several times.Vey nice lighter though.

groundsar

Might Stick Around
Nov 22, 2010
I use a Zippo most of the time. I had one I found from years past, sent it in for the pipe insert and got it back really quick. I was definately surprised and satisfied by their customer service.

welshwizard

Lurker
Aug 25, 2011
They are great lighters, had mine 30 years at least and hope I never have to send it in but good to know you can if you have to. So many copies on the market these days from the far east but I will support Zippo and not buy other crap.

Has anyone tried their butane lighter yet? it wont taste of petrol but I guess I am old enough not to notice :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.