PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

beefeater33

Lifer
Apr 14, 2014
Central Ohio
Good on you, Brad............ you raised him right, and have every right to be proud............
I wish there were more like him, the world would be a better place!!

Reactions: Chaukisch

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
There's a name for that:

CHARACTER

Gettin' rarer all the time, dad. You're right to be proud.
There is another good word, he is a real mensch. A mensch is " a person of integrity, morality, dignity, with a sense of what is right and responsible. " It is a Yiddish word that I think fits perfectly.

Reactions: mso489

anotherbob

Lifer
Mar 30, 2019
In the semi-rural NorthEastern USA
oldcdgr
Son hunts on 400 acres that a friend has, he asked my son after he harvests his crops would he help plow the field for 20$ an hr, 5 days work. Son said I'll do it but you don't have to pay me. The friend looked stunned, Son said I hunt for nothing the least I can do is help you. Made me proud!
you know so much of the time people talk about being proud of their kid and I think what evers. This is cool though. You clearly did something right. Or in other words yeah you should be proud of him and that.

agnosticpipe

Lifer
Nov 3, 2013
In the sticks in Mississippi
Good to hear Brad, like father like son!
So much better than my wife's nephew's kid who hunted on our property for 5 years without ever asking, and leaving trash in the woods, plowing a field to make a feed plot, and never, and I mean never once offered us a piece of venison! We finally kicked him out and he and some other family members had to nerve to act all offended! Sheesh...

• Sad

tbradsim1

Lifer
Jan 14, 2012
Southwest Louisiana
I know Orley what you said, went Dove hunting on Old Peoples land with people in Forked Island, killed a lot of birds. They left I went to the old farm house and knocked on the door, very old lady answered, Asked her if she wanted some doves, she said she couldn’t clean them and her husband was in bed with bad arthritis, I said I’ll clean them, went to her barn, cleaned them all, had enough in my freezer. Helped her bag them and put them in her freezer, that really was the better part of the hunt.