PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

morlader

Can't Leave
Mar 2, 2011
Cornwall UK
Welcome to the forums Dianne.That is a great collection you have bought,you got good stuff at a good price,happy smoking.btw ladies do drink beer,I know a few who enjoy a pint of ale.My wife is a Lager Lout :lol:but I prefer real ale.I am a cranky old sod and totally un-PC :roll:

jcsoldit

Lifer
Mar 27, 2010
Wisconsin
I go out of my way not to infringe or disrupt other people’s enjoyment of life and I expect the same consideration from them. If people could just focus on treating others as they would like to be treated and less on worrying about ones skin color, religious and sexual orientation, gender, age, and anything else that makes us each a little different for that matter this world would be a much better place. Smoke and enjoy the pipes that you have purchased and if you’re uncomfortable smoke any of them in public that is fine and no one here should fault you for it. In fact I quite enjoy smoking a bowl once in awhile by myself because it gives me a chance to relax and reflect without being influenced or disturbed by the outside world.
Now give me a minute to climb down off of my soapbox… Thank you :)

wolfscout

Can't Leave
Dec 13, 2010
Newberry, SC
I like your collection, aussielass. It's great that individual tastes can be so appreciated by others here. That makes it that much more enjoyable to me.

ace57

Lifer
Jun 21, 2011
Best thing about pipe smoking and the Members here is NO ONE is wrong as long as You do it the way You like and ENJOY what Your doing. :puffy:

yuri66

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 17, 2010
Do not worry about what others think of you, you are the one who should enjoy smoking the pipe of your choice, the others will give you looks either way, either of approval or shake their head. As I have said in this Forum before, if they have to ask they will never understand.

BTW I must agree with the others I think you killed it with the purchases you made, very nice collection and I think the price's were very good. :clap:

Welcome to our little house of strangeness.
Yuri

aussielass

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 18, 2011
docrx - I figured I should lay me down to sleep, gather my energy for the next round .... sigh, only 3 additions in the last 12 hours, what a fizzer :( I'm just going to keep going until my Bank Manager comes a knockin' at my door demanding I hand it over (the credit card).
Yes, I can see where you're all coming from with the African pipe ... I just don't think I'd have the balls to light it when the time came. Rightly or wrongly, we over here interpret "Black Americana" as taking the piss, so to speak, and that's not something I could ever, ever dream of doing. That particular pipe brings up really deep inexplicable emotions for me.

Jun 26, 2011
Pacific Northwest USA
As for the Nubian/Negress/Lady of Color... you can only do what your comfortable with.
To me, it's a an artistic expression. Nothing racially insensitive to my eye at all.

Smoke or display, it's a neat piece.
Also, as others noted you did score big time with the prices payed! Hella way to start your herd.

pentangle

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 21, 2011
Genova-Italy
Paronelli started production in italy after the II world war and in meantime bought tools, machines, finished and unfinished pipes from notorius italian brands that have closed in 70'.Now son and nepew own a unique pipe museum in the small town where they also produce pipe.The pipes you bought coming from old italian or french brands as paronelli was also a distributor of foreign makers.He have also a great wareouse with old/ancient Horn stem,vulcanite,metal rings etce etc.Some of the unsmoked old pipes on sale are assembled from old bowl with material available in the warehouse,all old enough and compatible.Different question is the actual producion, i have 2 pipes and onother has stem broken near the bowl due to the thikness of the briar.Some drilling isn't perfect but briar is definitely good

spartan

Lifer
Aug 14, 2011
Best thing about "pipe smoking" and the Members here is NO ONE is wrong as long as You do it the way You like and ENJOY what Your doing.
That's what she said. :rofl:

rigmedic1

Lifer
May 29, 2011
Great all around collection, I am intrigued by that pipe stand at the bottom. IMHO the only means of finding out whether a pipe is a good smoker is to smoke it, because I have some really cheap pipes that smoke really well, and some really expensive dogs. The fun is in determining which is which! Welcome aboard!

Status
Not open for further replies.