PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Bassman65

Can't Leave
Nov 30, 2022
Canada
Looking at the Rattray Mary as a small pipe during the cold Canadian winter. Getting too old to sit outside for over 30 min. I really like the look of the pipe. Any thoughts from those of you who have smoked one? I’ve never owned a Rattray pipe. I regularly smoke and enjoy 9mm charcoal filters. This would be the model I’m interested in.

Attachments

• Rattray's Mary Grey 163  15018.jpeg.png
    Rattray's Mary Grey 163 15018.jpeg.png
    163 KB · Views: 31
Last edited:

minerLuke

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 2, 2023
Vancouver BC
I have a few Rattrays pipes, although not a Mary, they are all very good smokers. Very nice pipes for the $$

If you are looking at small bowl pipes take a look at Ropp over at SPC. I have two and they are great little pipes for quick smokes. If you hurry SPC has 15% off pipes right now!

Reactions: Bassman65

EchoPlex

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jun 9, 2023
I have two Mary's and plan on adding another. I highly recommend them for a smaller bowl. Mine have been high quality and are gorgeous. My favorite small pipes - small, but not too small. You have to make sure you really rub things out to a finer size, though, because of the small bowl size. Coarse stuff requires extra care with prep and loading to make sure everything is evenly dispersed. 3 tamp method works best with these Marys, imo.