PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

bobpnm

Lifer
Jul 24, 2012
Panama City, Florida
The only way to learn is stuff some tobacco in the bowl, set it on fire, see how long you can make it last. At first, you will fiddle with it and re-light constantly. Relax, it’s not an IQ test. It’s supposed to be fun and relaxing.

You may have found an interesting hobby!

Reactions: charriga

tirefire

Starting to Get Obsessed
From Georgia. I have decided on my sixtieth birthday this March to begin smoking pipe as Newcombe calls it, "Intellectual smoker." Totally nervous but the art fits my creative, rebel side. Yet I feel I've already begun by doing some heavy reading and studying. Taking it slow and making it my Zen. Wish me luck. I expect all the mistakes as I mater the art, though I think will be a student for the rest of my life. Pleasure to meet you all.
Welcome from Indiana!

kqdog

Lurker
Feb 25, 2023
Georgia
Thank you all so much for your kind presence. I DID IT! I must admit. I just practiced charring and took a few puffs. I was NERVOUS that it took me a minute to remember the Zen. But I felt so liberated. Almost drew a tear or two. I plan to move slow. But must admit I want a new pipe. Like a kid, am I not? Thank you all again.